+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for Fingerprints. Should I be Worried?

TheNewComer

Aug 29, 2018
Hello All,

I am a Permanent Resident who applied for Citizenship earlier this year.
In September, I received a Finger Printing Request from CIC specifically stating the following:
"After reviewing the biographical information on your application form, there are questions in your case with regard to sections 21, and/or 22 of the Citizenship Act..."

What startled me about this request from CIC is that having lived in Canada for four years since 2015, I have never had any altercation with any law enforcement officer, and since I do not own an automobile, my G1 Driver's License is clean of Demerit points. Furthermore, since I am a frequent commuter on the TTC, and GO Transit, I have never been pulled over by a fare inspector for failing to present my POP (Proof of Payment)

With the above considered, why would my biographical information ever warrant CIC to scrutinize my application with regards to having a clean criminal record? Is it even possible to get a criminal record in this Country without ever getting arrested/charged/convicted, or even without having any altercation with a law enforcement officer?

I would be thankful if someone may help in clarifying this situation. For the record, my mother has received her Canadian Passport a month ago, despite the fact she applied for Citizenship a few weeks after I mailed my application, and she was never requested to provide Finger Prints.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Hello All,

In September, I received a Finger Printing Request from CIC specifically stating the following:
"After reviewing the biographical information on your application form, there are questions in your case with regard to sections 21, and/or 22 of the Citizenship Act..."

What startled me about this request from CIC is that having lived in Canada for four years since 2015, I have never had any altercation with any law enforcement officer, and since I do not own an automobile, my G1 Driver's License is clean of Demerit points. Furthermore, since I am a frequent commuter on the TTC, and GO Transit, I have never been pulled over by a fare inspector for failing to present my POP (Proof of Payment)

With the above considered, why would my biographical information ever warrant CIC to scrutinize my application with regards to having a clean criminal record? Is it even possible to get a criminal record in this Country without ever getting arrested/charged/convicted, or even without having any altercation with a law enforcement officer?

I would be thankful if someone may help in clarifying this situation. For the record, my mother has received her Canadian Passport a month ago, despite the fact she applied for Citizenship a few weeks after I mailed my application, and she was never requested to provide Finger Prints.
You do not have to be worried. Many applicants are receiving fingerprint requests these days. This can be attributed to having a similar name to that of another person having a criminal record. They just want to make sure that you have a clean record. Nothing to worry about. It's a purely standard procedure.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello All,

No, you can't get a criminal record without ever having any interaction with law enforcement or the judicial system.

As said above, there would have been a criminal record hit with the same/similar name and/or DOB and they need to fingerprints to confirm it wasn't you. Normal and not a big deal.

Javed1234

Nov 12, 2019
Hello All,

APPLICATION FILED: JAN 2018
FINGERPRINT REQUESTED: JULY 2018
INVITATION FOR CITIZENSHIP TEST : AUG 2018
TEST DATE: SEPT 2018
DECISION MADE: OCTOBER 2019
CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY: NOVEMBER 2019

nippybhatia

Feb 17, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
09-12-2015
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-02-2016
APPLICATION FILED: JAN 2018
FINGERPRINT REQUESTED: JULY 2018
INVITATION FOR CITIZENSHIP TEST : AUG 2018
TEST DATE: SEPT 2018
DECISION MADE: OCTOBER 2019
CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY: NOVEMBER 2019
Hi,

I have submitted my fingerprints two weeks before. I was just wondering if you can tell me how long does it take for RCMP to send her fingerprint to CRA. because on the CRA tracker, it says that they are still waiting for the fingerprints.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,

I have submitted my fingerprints two weeks before. I was just wondering if you can tell me how long does it take for RCMP to send her fingerprint to CRA. because on the CRA tracker, it says that they are still waiting for the fingerprints.

Thanks
You are responding to a post that is almost 2 years old.

Post your queries in the following thread and you might receive a response =>

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/rcmp-fingerprints-timelines.723106/