+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Req help: Tailor moving to Canada through company

freekyguy007

Jul 17, 2018
Hi Guys,

Posting after a long time.
My client owns a Private Limited company in India (Engaged in fabric and clothing business) and its subsidiary in Ontario (Engaged in the same business). The Ontario company has the same directors and the Indian company holds >50% shareholding in the Ontario company.
Now the directors want to internally send Tailors to the Ontario company. These tailors currently are employees of the Indian company.
How can this be achieved in the cheapest and fastest possible way ?

Thanks a ton guys.
Cheers

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Guys,

My client owns a Private Limited company in India (Engaged in fabric and clothing business) and its subsidiary in Ontario (Engaged in the same business). The Ontario company has the same directors and the Indian company holds >50% shareholding in the Ontario company.
Now the directors want to internally send Tailors to the Ontario company. These tailors currently are employees of the Indian company.

Thanks a ton guys.
Cheers
Employer needs to apply for and obtain approved LMIAs for the tailors they want to bring to Canada. The tailors will then apply for closed work permits.

The first step is the LMIA. To get the LMIA approved, you will need to advertise the jobs in Canada for at least one month (following the advertising requirements of the LMIA process) in order to prove that no Canadian could be hired for the job. The fee for each LMIA is $1K once you are ready to submit the application. The work permit fees are separate.

Reactions: freekyguy007

freekyguy007

Jul 17, 2018
Employer needs to apply for and obtain approved LMIAs for the tailors they want to bring to Canada. The tailors will then apply for closed work permits.

The first step is the LMIA. To get the LMIA approved, you will need to advertise the jobs in Canada for at least one month (following the advertising requirements of the LMIA process) in order to prove that no Canadian could be hired for the job. The fee for each LMIA is $1K once you are ready to submit the application. The work permit fees are separate.
Thanks for the quick reply ! That is super helpful.

The Ontario company has just been incorporated (December 2022). Does the Ontario company have to do anything else before applying for the LMIA assessment ? Like waiting for a specified period of time or doing regular business or anything else ?
Plus any other law compliance that is mandatory before the LMIA step is started ?

Cheers !

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the quick reply ! That is super helpful.

The Ontario company has just been incorporated (December 2022). Does the Ontario company have to do anything else before applying for the LMIA assessment ? Like waiting for a specified period of time or doing regular business or anything else ?
Plus any other law compliance that is mandatory before the LMIA step is started ?

Cheers !
There are many requirements. You need to dedicate time to researching the LMIA requirements yourself. There is a cap on the number of foreign workers an employer can hire vs. Canadian workers. So if they have no Canadian workers and were just incorporated, then you're not going to be able to hire foreign workers / be approved for LMIAs. Again, you need to spend time researching. If you don't want to do this yourself, hire a lawyer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/median-wage/low/requirements.html#h2.7

freekyguy007

Jul 17, 2018
There are many requirements. You need to dedicate time to researching the LMIA requirements yourself. There is a cap on the number of foreign workers an employer can hire vs. Canadian workers. So if they have no Canadian workers and were just incorporated, then you're not going to be able to hire foreign workers / be approved for LMIAs. Again, you need to spend time researching. If you don't want to do this yourself, hire a lawyer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/median-wage/low/requirements.html#h2.7
Thank you. This has been immensely helpful. I think ill spend time researching.
Meanwhile, Can you recommend an affordable yet competent lawyer ?

Cheers @

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you. This has been immensely helpful. I think ill spend time researching.
Meanwhile, Can you recommend an affordable yet competent lawyer ?

Cheers @
I don't have a recommendation. Maybe someone else does.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

freekyguy007

Jul 17, 2018
Post further questions to the forum.
I just read about LMIA exempt work permit.
Can the tailors be called to Canada as intra company transferees if they help further Canadian interests ?
Practically they do benefit Canada and the Canadian economy socially, culturally, or economically as they will help further the business there.

Cheers !

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I just read about LMIA exempt work permit.
Can the tailors be called to Canada as intra company transferees if they help further Canadian interests ?
Practically they do benefit Canada and the Canadian economy socially, culturally, or economically as they will help further the business there.

Cheers !
For ICT you have to prove specialized knowledge. IMO this will be very difficult to do with a tailor role. But you're of course free to try.

See details here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/intra-company-transferees/canadian-interests-significant-benefit-qualifying-job-positions-specialized-knowledge.html

milon45

Star Member
Jul 10, 2023
Hi Guys,

villa movers and packers in abu dhabi
Thanks a ton guys.
Cheers
We are making a rather dis-jointed move from AZ to a small town in Wyoming. Trying to find the best and most economical way to move our household. My husband is already in WY working so I'll be doing this on my own. We have a 3 bedroom house and a garage full of sporting equipment/gym equipment. I am also having to move all the belongings I inherited from my mothers estate which are currently sitting in an Uhaul box at a facility. There are no Uhaul facilities in WY that accept the boxes to reshipping that portion doesn't work. It will have to be unpacked, repacked and moved. Uhaul boxes, Packrat and PODS do not go to this small town in WY. I can either hire movers/bribe friends to help pack a truck and drive via Uhaul, Budget, etc. This is the most MMM but not the easiest option. Or I can hire movers/hire a truck that will drive for me so i can just drive my car there. This is the option that sounds the best but is the least MMM. Any insight? Anyone have good luck with a moving company they want to share?

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
We are making a rather dis-jointed move from AZ to a small town in Wyoming. Trying to find the best and most economical way to move our household. My husband is already in WY working so I'll be doing this on my own. We have a 3 bedroom house and a garage full of sporting equipment/gym equipment. I am also having to move all the belongings I inherited from my mothers estate which are currently sitting in an Uhaul box at a facility. There are no Uhaul facilities in WY that accept the boxes to reshipping that portion doesn't work. It will have to be unpacked, repacked and moved. Uhaul boxes, Packrat and PODS do not go to this small town in WY. I can either hire movers/bribe friends to help pack a truck and drive via Uhaul, Budget, etc. This is the most MMM but not the easiest option. Or I can hire movers/hire a truck that will drive for me so i can just drive my car there. This is the option that sounds the best but is the least MMM. Any insight? Anyone have good luck with a moving company they want to share?
Eff off, spammer

annamartin12

Jan 23, 2024
We are making a rather dis-jointed move from AZ to a small town in Wyoming. Trying to find the best and most economical way to move our household. My husband is already in WY working so I'll be doing this on my own. We have a 3 bedroom house and a garage full of sporting equipment/gym equipment. I am also having to move all the belongings I inherited from my mothers estate which are currently sitting in an Uhaul box at a facility. There are no Uhaul facilities in WY that accept the boxes to reshipping that portion doesn't work. It will have to be unpacked, repacked and moved. Uhaul boxes, Packrat and PODS do not go to this small town in WY. I can either hire movers/bribe friends to help pack a truck and drive via Uhaul, Budget, etc. This is the most MMM but not the easiest option. Or I can hire movers/hire a truck that will drive for me so i can just drive my car there. Flytte bedrift This is the option that sounds the best but is the least MMM. Any insight? Anyone have good luck with a moving company they want to share?
The best way to find a reputable movers is Google Maps. Reading reads will help to find good one

• Haha
Reactions: foodie69