+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Representative in PR application

arsdat

Apr 23, 2022
Hi All,
I used representative for Canada PR application and got the COPR. I would be making soft landing in next few days. I want to check do I need to submit cancellation of representative form? As I don't have access to my IRCC application this was done through an agent email account. I can see when I require to link PR card application, then I would require to access my IRCC application, but beyond that are there any implications if I submit cancellation of representative form before landing? Do I need any information during the landing from my application for which I need to access my IRCC application? Does having representative in the file impact the PR card processing in any way? Or am I overthinking?
Also, what kind of questions they ask at the POE? I will be doing soft landing via air travel.

Thanks much.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You're overthinking, I believe. Apart from the PR card receipt, once you are landed, the PR file is effectively closed and I don't believe they'll contact the representative (can't think of any circumstances where they might need to).

But if you're worried about it, it'll only take ten minutes to complete and submit the form. Then forget aabout it.

Landing: expect covid questions first and foremost. Then it's mostly bureaucratic. One wrinkle if soft-landing is having an address to receive things like the PR card. Plenty of threads and comments here about that.

Reactions: arsdat

arsdat

Apr 23, 2022
You're overthinking, I believe. Apart from the PR card receipt, once you are landed, the PR file is effectively closed and I don't believe they'll contact the representative (can't think of any circumstances where they might need to).

But if you're worried about it, it'll only take ten minutes to complete and submit the form. Then forget aabout it.

Landing: expect covid questions first and foremost. Then it's mostly bureaucratic. One wrinkle if soft-landing is having an address to receive things like the PR card. Plenty of threads and comments here about that.
Thank you for your response. I am planning to use UPS Mailbox or Anytime Mailbox both provide street addresses not PO box for delivery of PR card. Is this acceptable?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021

Sorry to hijack the conversation but I have a question related to Canceling a Representative and appointing a new one.

I have cancelled my representative and appointed a new one. However, is there anything I Need to do, to link the applications?

1. How will my old applications come under the account of the new representative ? Asking since the Old agent is unresponsive and not sharing information about the answers to those questions which are asked when I link the application.

Would you know if there is a way for the attorney to may be raise a Case Specific Webform and get the applications linked ?

Thanks in advance

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for your response. I am planning to use UPS Mailbox or Anytime Mailbox both provide street addresses not PO box for delivery of PR card. Is this acceptable?
I do not know. I've heard different comments about how well using one of these or a friend's address or other works - and I can't claim I know what the experience overall has been, some say it works and some say it doesn/t.