+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Representative for child

pureborn

Dec 22, 2016
I am applying for proof of citizenship for my 3 month old child. I was born in Canada and she was born in the US.

When filling out form CIT 0001 I know I will sign as the parent on the last page. However, am I considered a representative? Do I need to fill out form IMM 5476??

pureborn

Dec 22, 2016
I would appreciate it if anyone has any ideas. I'm trying to send in the application this week.

Another question I have is about the forms of identification for my 3 month old. They say an insurance card is an acceptable ID, but does this include American Insurance cards which don't have a birth date on it, or any other personal information? Do they accept a copy of a social security card as a form of ID?

Winsen

Oct 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pureborn said:
Thanks yeungmaggie for the reply.

Another question. Does the photocopy of the passport and health card need to be motorized?
No. Only clear and legible photocopies.

bbssmm88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
pureborn said:
I am applying for proof of citizenship for my 3 month old child. I was born in Canada and she was born in the US.

When filling out form CIT 0001 I know I will sign as the parent on the last page. However, am I considered a representative? Do I need to fill out form IMM 5476??
No, you do not need to sign the representative form as you are the biological father. I applied for my minor kids and only signed as a parent. A legible photocopy will suffice. Good luck.

Mr. Woods

Feb 16, 2022
No, you do not need to sign the representative form as you are the biological father. I applied for my minor kids and only signed as a parent. A legible photocopy will suffice. Good luck.
so there is no need for the Imm 5476 if I'm the biological father and my son is only one year old.
on section 13, is someone helping you fill out this form? the answer should be yes? right