+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reported by Other Government Bodies for RO Violation

Desperate202

Jan 10, 2019
Hello valued members:

I’ve recently moved back to Canada and would like to get to know if any other government body such as ministry of education, or ministry of immigration, diversity and inclusion (in Quebec for French classes) can report you for residency violation to IRCC/CIC?
I’ve been filling some forms and there were questions regarding my residency in the past... it’ll be obvious my 6 months residency violation if any of these organisations look at the forms and my record of landing which is required

I’ve checked the government website and the only thing that got me worried is this sentence:
  • an adjudicator determines you are no longer a permanent resident after an inquiry or PRTD appeal;
Can anyone file an inquiry regarding my residency obligation?

Desperate202

Jan 10, 2019
CBSA definitely can report you for failing the RO.
Yeah but this is only if I leave the country and come back which I’m not planning on doing. Is there more to it than I know? Specially that all of these government bodies I’m dealing with have nothing to do with CBSA

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah but this is only if I leave the country and come back which I’m not planning on doing. Is there more to it than I know? Specially that all of these government bodies I’m dealing with have nothing to do with CBSA
Which government bodies are you dealing with?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
General advice on this forum seems to be to have as little interaction with any government department if someone has failed the residency obligation. There is no specific guidance or information on who might report to whom although of course any forms asking for residency history must always be completed truthfully to avoid any misrepresentation. Unfortunately in failing the residency obligation is just a ‘what if’ consequence that an individual has to live with until back in compliance for what is a very generous obligation to meet.

Desperate202

Jan 10, 2019
General advice on this forum seems to be to have as little interaction with any government department if someone has failed the residency obligation. There is no specific guidance or information on who might report to whom although of course any forms asking for residency history must always be completed truthfully to avoid any misrepresentation. Unfortunately in failing the residency obligation is just a ‘what if’ consequence that an individual has to live with until back in compliance for what is a very generous obligation to meet.
That’s a relief and I’m asking because I don’t want to keep looking over my shoulders. I want to be fully integrated into the Canadian society so I could give it the best I can. I’m still after a concrete answer as individuals/organisations can report a person for failing residency requirement