+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

report a company for fraud

Y16v

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
Guys help me from where to start.
I want to reporr my boss because he took me 4000$ (for the lawyer) but there is no lawyer......the lmo applicarion prepared from his wife!!
So my lmo rejected and I lost 4000.
The only think is that the money gave it to the boss and no to the lawyer.
Anyway I want to report him.
please help.
thanks

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Y16v said:
I want to reporr my boss because he took me 4000$ (for the lawyer) but there is no lawyer......the lmo applicarion prepared from his wife!!
please help.
thanks
I remember you, you're the guy who was waiting on an LMO for a painter job in Regina. In Canada, it is ILLEGAL for employers to require a person to pay any recruitment fees. Your employer is supposed to pay for the LMO, your plane ticket (if your job is low-skilled), third party consultants, etc, out of his own pocket. Report this dude for fraud because he's not supposed to be charging you at all. No money is supposed to be transferred from you to him at all.

My employer paid for my LMO, paid for his third party agency to get the LMO, and is paying for my airline ticket and any necessary hotel fees if I have a sufficiently long flight layover. The only thing I have to pay for are my work permit when I land, and extra baggage fees (overweight, 2nd and 3rd bags, etc), all adding up to no more than $350 CAD. None of this money passes through my employer's hands. I will pay these fees when getting my work permit and baggage passes.

Y16v

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
Yes but the government will punish him or waste of my time......
I am so disappointed that I want to fuck this company...I will go also to T.V. and press

disappointed10

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Med's Done....
13-12-2014
Passport Req..
august 19 2015
StopDa no payment for work permit at vancouver airport when u go to immigration ;)

That is so sad, are u here in canada already Y16v?? Please do report him so he wont do it anymore to anyone, and hoping ull get ur money back

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
disappointed10 said:
StopDa no payment for work permit at vancouver airport when u go to immigration ;)

That is so sad, are u here in canada already Y16v?? Please do report him so he wont do it anymore to anyone, and hoping ull get ur money back
It doesn't sound to me like this person is already in Canada. He said that his LMO was rejected. Also, you have to pay for your work permit at the airport if you're a TRV-exempt worker who's showing up without a letter of introduction. Plus, I'm not landing at Vancouver's airport.

Y16v said:
Yes but the government will punish him or waste of my time......
I am so disappointed that I want to *censored word* this company...I will go also to T.V. and press
Dude, all you have to do is report this guy and the government will punish them. You'll only shoot yourself in the foot if you go to the news media. They'll distort everything you say and hype this incident into oblivion to induce another irrational, populist, knee-jerk reaction by the government. It's ILLEGAL to pass on recruitment costs to foreign workers. If you go to the news media right now, they'll go on trying to perpetuate myths (to the largely uninformed public) about this kind of thing being perfectly legal even though it's not (and hasn't been for some time now).

disappointed10

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Med's Done....
13-12-2014
Passport Req..
august 19 2015
Haha stopDa how can u say that??, i dont remember putting a post that my LMO got rejected, it was only taking so long at that time thats why im disappointed but now its all good :), good luck to ur application :)

lemon_edz

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 07, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2014
Y16v said:
please help.
thanks
first of all wher are u now? if you're in canada go to police station and file a complaint or ask assistance..

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
disappointed10 said:
Haha stopDa how can u say that??, i dont remember putting a post that my LMO got rejected, it was only taking so long at that time thats why im disappointed but now its all good :), good luck to ur application :)
I was talking about the original poster. It doesn't sound like he's in Canada yet since his LMO was rejected. I think I remember him mentioning from his other posts that he's still in Europe or somewhere.

disappointed10

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Med's Done....
13-12-2014
Passport Req..
august 19 2015
Oh ok :) yeah i think so too thats too bad for him or her

Y16v

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
Iamin canada calgary and today I found a second person who wants to report also the same company!

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
So from your last posts, I'll have to guess you were already working for that guy without status. Although I think we all support reporting such companies/people, you will also be in trouble as you were working without permission, very likely being banned for some time from Canada and this will also be shown in your record in future applications. Don't know if you think it's worth it or not.

Y16v

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
i have also one small problem.... the money i gave him was cash and i dont have anything to prove that i gave him the money...
Only one guy from Hyngary who did the same with me and some guys from work that know the situation.
So how the CIC believe us???

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Y16v said:
i have also one small problem.... the money i gave him was cash and i dont have anything to prove that i gave him the money...
Only one guy from Hyngary who did the same with me and some guys from work that know the situation.
So how the CIC believe us???
Do you have any emails or recordings of phone conversations where he requested the money from you. Based on what you're writing about your boss, it seems like he was smart enough to ensure that you wouldn't have any evidence to back up your claims. If that's the case, then you're all up Screwed Creek without a paddle. Also, what's your status in Canada? Are you working legally? If so, then this just goes to show the #1 quality of employers who employ people illegally; they're not honest people to begin with. If they're willing to defraud the government's regulations (and are shrewd enough to do it), then what moral compass of theirs will prevent them from ripping you off.