+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Replacing old stolen citizenship card to certificate.

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
im using form CIT0001.

my parnets were sponsored here in the 1980s and been living in Canada since. All their documents were stolen few years ago. Birth Certifcate(chinese) and the old citizenship. The form is asking for this information. How do I provide this? Do I put N/A or leave it blank? It's also asking for province and territory born in China. What is the point in providing this information if its so long ago in China? I don't even know if China even records these information or not.

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
The application does not ask for their birth certificate if they applying for a replacement certificate; birth certificates are only required if this is the first time an applicant is applying. Under certificate number, your parents can put "unknown"; under date of acquisition, your parents can just put down at least the year. Under the document checklist, your parents are applying under scenario 1; additional documents are required only if applicable, which they would not be since they were stolen. Hopefully the theft was reported to the police; if your parents have a copy of the police report, they should include a copy of it with this application. Personal details, like the information that was on their Chinese birth certificates, should match up with what your parents used to apply for their citizenship back in the 1980s; your parents should be able to recall these details themselves and put them the application. The more information your parents provide that coincide with the information they used to apply for their citizenship, the easier it will be for IRCC to locate their citizenship record and issue them their replacement certificates.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram