+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Replacing a LoA with a new one

Penina

Jul 23, 2020
Hello guys
My study permi is valid from January to November, 2021. I did not travel to Canada nor start my program online because of the nature of the program.
Since my DLI does not have a deferral policy, I had to withdra my admission and reapplied at the same college, and got a new LoA.
I send the new LoA to IRCC by webform to update them on the new date of starting the program. I have received a response from them that "it is not necessary to add any information since I do not have current application".
But, I learnt from this forum that if you postpone your studies for more that 151 days you need to update IRCC with a new LoA
Would anybody please advise on what is required at this point

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
You've done the right thing by informing them of your deferral. All you had to add to was inform them, not request that they add the new LOA to your application. As they rightly responded, you don't have an active application to add any docs to.

Penina

Jul 23, 2020
You've done the right thing by informing them of your deferral. All you had to add to was inform them, not request that they add the new LOA to your application. As they rightly responded, you don't have an active application to add any docs to.
Great,
Thank you for your response