+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Replacement needed

arun070411

Jun 7, 2019
This is Arun Kumar. I had applied for temporary residence visa to Canada. I got two time refusal. When i applied for 3rd time, I made a mistake. In application form for "Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied
entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory?" For that I responded "no" by mistake. Now they have asked to respond for the same. I am confused either I have to upload a new application form or I have to upload the clarification?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
How did you make this mistake?

You must reply to the procedural fairness letter and explain why you made the mistake.

You will most likely be denied the visa, again, and may be banned from Canada for five years.

Reactions: mau123

arun070411

Jun 7, 2019
You mean that I don't require to submit a new corrected application. Instead, I just need to write a clarification only?

arun070411

Jun 7, 2019
They have sent me a letter which states "I would like to give you an opportunity to respond to this information. I will afford you 10 days from the receipt of this letter to make any representations in this regard. Please upload your response to your IRCC My Account (My CIC) before the due date. If you do not respond to this request within the time outlined above, your application will be refused."

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
That's a procedural fairness letter.

You must respond to that letter with a letter of your own explaining why you lied on the form, details of your previous refusals, and any other information that may be relevant.

How did you not disclose you had visa refusals in the past?

You are about to be denied for your visa and possibly banned for five years.

arun070411

Jun 7, 2019
It is unfortunate. As I said that it happened by mistake. In the cover letter, I have clearly mentioned with the application numbers that I have denied Visa two time.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Then you will need to point that out and include a copy of your cover letter again. You may just be denied the visa.

arun070411

Jun 7, 2019
How can I upload two documents, if they have given option to upload only one document. Should I upload a corrected version of Application form or the clarification letter?

arun070411

Jun 7, 2019
Combining is difficult as the Application document is certified document by Immigration, refugee and citizenship Canada. I tried combining but it shows error. is there any other way to provide them the extra document?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You don't resubmit the application form. You're explaining your mistake and reminding them that you mentioned it in your cover letter.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
How can I upload two documents, if they have given option to upload only one document. Should I upload a corrected version of Application form or the clarification letter?
As said, you dont upload a new version of the form. You need to submit an explanation letter, along with a copy of the cover letter, and highlight the fact that you declared the refusals in your cover letter.