+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renwal of my PR on humanitarian and compassionate bases

eggroup

May 7, 2010
I am a permanent resident of Canada since June 2010, Business category (Self-employed).

On 1st of July 2010, I went back to Egypt to sell a real estate property I own and transfer the money to Canada to start my new life there.

As a result of the global recession then, I faced a declined demand for real estate in Egypt and thus the operation took longer than I expected until January 2011 when the Egyptian Revolution started.

Now, I am stuck in Egypt and I can't come back to Canada.

Current situation

•During the past three years, I transferred the amount of CDN$175,000.00 to my bank account in Canada.
•I still have another CDN$100,000.00 in post-dated cheques to be collected over the next one and half year.
•And I still have the rest of my property to be sold with a market value of CDN$1.00 Million.

•You may say this is enough money for a start, but my family is big (5 children) and my immigration is based on "buying and managing a farm" so this money is not enough at all to secure a good start, besides I have to wait in Egypt until I sell the project completely and transfer the money to Canada.

My Questions are:

What are my chances to renew my PR card on humanitarian and compassionate bases?

How can I do it? and when?

Should I start to contact CIC now? or should I wait till the time of renewal?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I would say, almost no chance of an H&C defence. However, with all the money you have, there is nothing to stop you returning to Canada while you still meet the residency obligation requirements before it becomes impossible. Your Egyptian property issues will not be considered by CIC as a valid reason for not returning. I think you have 30 days before you risk your PR.

eggroup

May 7, 2010
Thank you for your prompt reply.

But there is a part that I did not mention in my topic, it's the effect of the Egyptian revolution on my situation:

The Revolution hurt me in three ways:
1.There is a deep recession now in Egypt with almost no selling at all.
2.If I can sell in local currency – in spite of the recession – I can't buy Dollars from the bank as Central Bank of Egypt tries to decrease the pressure on local currency.
3.If it happened – theoretically – and I could get the Dollars, I can't transfer it outside of Egypt!! And this I can prove easily through my bank.

Is this enough to be considered "humanitarian"?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
eggroup said:
Is this enough to be considered "humanitarian"?
No - unfortunately it very likely won't.

All of your reasons are financial reasons. Financial reasons are almost never accepted for H&C.

eggroup

May 7, 2010
OK folks!!

I understand from your replies that I have no chance on H&C bases.

If I wait another year in Egypt trying to sell my property and then enter Canada on June 2014 with my family (PR expires on 1.July.2015), and remained inside Canada till I have the two years of residency.

My questions are:

We are 7, me, my wife and 5 children (ages from 10 - 20 years), are we dealing with the government separately or as one family case?

What are my chances to remain for a one year inside Canada with an expired PR?

What are the situations that might happen to me and required to have a valid PR? I will establish a business company, have my chidren admitted to schools and universities, deal with banks, rent a house, buy a car, and so on.

Your replies and support are INVALUABLE to me.

Thanks a lot all of you.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can't you hold on to your Egyptian property (such as appoint some property management company or family member to look after it or letting it) while you return to Canada? Unless you making your commitment as a business applicant, you don't have to sell it now.

If you decided to stay in Egypt alone to wait for the sale, then have your family return to Canada as soon as possible before their PR card expires. If you lose your PR and once your family are eligible to sponsor, they can sponsor (via family class) you to come to Canada.

You/family can live in Canada even if PR card is expired. Just that you/family cannot travel outside Canada nor apply for things such as provincial driver license and register for schools with an expired PR card.

With the amount of money already in your Canadian bank account, I think you could afford to buy a small farm or house somewhere near Winnipeg, MB (such that you won't have to worry about renting) and buy a cheap car there. You can begin your house hunting in mls.ca.