+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rental agent recommendations

markmw

Feb 3, 2019
Hi everyone, I will be moving to Toronto GTA area in few weeks. Is there any real estate agent you can recommend me that will help me look for rental accommodation? Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone, I will be moving to Toronto GTA area in few weeks. Is there any real estate agent you can recommend me that will help me look for rental accommodation? Thanks
You may not need a real estate agent. They tend to deal with more expensive rentals. S

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You may not need a real estate agent. They tend to deal with more expensive rentals. S
They also deal with less expensive rentals. It does not cost OP to use the services of a real estate agent. Especially if OP do not drive, the realtor can take him/her as passenger and show the rentals. More convenient.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They also deal with less expensive rentals. It does not cost OP to use the services of a real estate agent. Especially if OP do not drive, the realtor can take him/her as passenger and show the rentals. More convenient.
Most real estate agents do not show rental apartment buildings or other listing thst don't pay commission like on kijiji that may be rented by the owner directly.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But there are alot of scams in kijiji.

Most real estate agents do not show rental apartment buildings or other listing thst don't pay commission like on kijiji that may be rented by the owner directly.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But there are alot of scams in kijiji.
There are a lot of real estate agents who will only show you listings where they will be given a commission. It all depends on what you want to rent. If it is high end rentals get an agent. For an apartment building you only have to submit a rental application. Many other rentals only require an application and can be found On public forums or websites that advertise rentals.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are a lot of real estate agents who will only show you listings where they will be given a commission. It all depends on what you want to rent. If it is high end rentals get an agent. For an apartment building you only have to submit a rental application. Many other rentals only require an application and can be found On public forums or websites that advertise rentals.
A lot of real estate agents have their own websites or their affiliate company websites that also advertise rentals. Rental application is not just applicable to apartment building, but all property managed condos and houses.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A lot of real estate agents have their own websites or their affiliate company websites that also advertise rentals. Rental application is not just applicable to apartment building, but all property managed condos and houses.
If you read my post I said that other forms of rentals only require an application. Rentals posted on real estate agent websites will require an application form but commission will also be involved.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you read my post I said that other forms of rentals only require an application. Rentals posted on real estate agent websites will require an application form but commission will also be involved.
Then you should have say: All rental properties (apartment, condo and houses) requires an application. Btw, realtors also advertise in public forums and other websites like craiglist.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Then you should have say: All rental properties (apartment, condo and houses) requires an application. Btw, realtors also advertise in public forums and other websites like craiglist.
Apartment buildings have there only application process and rental office. That is very different than renting a condo or home. Real estate agents can advertise on Craigslist or Kijiji but a commission payment will be required. Many landlords will not be willing to pay a fee if they can rent out their property without paying anyone. Real estate agents usually want to get paid for their time so will not bring their clients to an apartment building rental office or home/condo where a landlord is not willing to pay commission. There are some real estate agents who may work for free because they are hopeful that when a person comes to purchase they will call them but that is unusual.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Condo buildings and homes also have application process and rental office (aka the realtor's office). Are you saying that real estate agents who advertise on those websites but a commission payment will be required (even if the house is owned by them)? Not that it matters, the agent pay the commission from one hand to another?

Finally, you agree that some real estate agents who may work for free because they are hopeful that when a person comes to purchase they will call them.

hydrakanth

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
First check rental websites such as www.rentfaster.ca or several other Toronto based websites and see if you like any rental properties and contact them directly. Rental agents also advertise on these websites and you may not have to pay anything to work with them. Good luck.