+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renouncing PR

bellapeach

Aug 14, 2020
I am wondering if someone could let me know what average processing time is to renounce PR. I applied for an ETA and was then informed I needed to submit an application to renounce my PR to obtain my ETA. I did this online 3 weeks ago and still no news.
I plan to travel to Canada in Sept with my Canadian son to spend time with my Canadian family there.
I can't seem to find any information on processing times.
ETA is normally very quick.
Would appreciate anyone's recent experience with this. It seems a few years ago it was 2 weeks
Much appreciated

KatieA

Oct 19, 2018
I am wondering if someone could let me know what average processing time is to renounce PR. I applied for an ETA and was then informed I needed to submit an application to renounce my PR to obtain my ETA. I did this online 3 weeks ago and still no news.
I plan to travel to Canada in Sept with my Canadian son to spend time with my Canadian family there.
Would appreciate anyone's recent experience with this. It seems a few years ago it was 2 weeks
Much appreciated
Hey, could you let me know how your situation played out? How long did it take in the end, were you able to get it in time? My dad is in the same situation and panicking a little. Thanks

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
Much appreciated
You could renounce it at the POE, but I guess you can't get to POE if you need an eTA. Other option to renounce PR is to apply for PRTD, but I don't know how long it would take them to process it. Not sure how you can expedite the process and quickly renounce your status. Good luck.