+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renouncing PR Issues

Discussion in 'Express Entry / Expression of Interest' started by rmo114, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Hello, I have been working in Canada for 3 and a half years and have Canadian masters education as well. I applied for express entry in 2016 and got called right away. I made a mistake of not announcing that I got married during my PR landing and my sponsorship application for my wife got rejected. I am thinking not to appeal since it is my mistake. Mistake happened cause lawyer did not walk me through all the rules in COPR and basically I was too busy honeymooning after the wedding and afterwards, during the PR landing i was actually missing a document that I was worried about(immigration officer did not care when I asked if missing this document is a problem) and did not even think to read through the COPR myself. Now, I want to renounce my PR and apply for express entry again(include my wife in that of course) since I believe i will have the points necessary to get a call right away again. I am just wondering, what are the issues that could come up? I do have a job and I know after I renounce my PR, i cannot work anymore but am allowed to stay 6 months. Is there a way to work around that? Like I want to be able to work but not illegally of course. Also, I heard CIC do not like renouncing a PR so is that gonna create issues with new express entry application?

2. Hello,

Can someone confirm if a person renounces his Canadian pr to avoid being taxed on worldwide income while his spouse and child continues living in Canada, will he be liable for tax on worldwide income after he is no longer a PR( moves to visitor visa).
    Thanks