+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renouncing PR and Reapply for PR

Atif.Javed

Aug 17, 2018
Hello everyone,

Please reply to my questions that have disturbed me a lot.

1 . My PR doesn't meet RO but valid and I am not in Canada.
2. I have divorced my first wife who was in my documentation but never traveled to Canada.
3. I have a second wife and three kids.

Can I simply file the divorce from my country and add new wife and kids and travel with them?
or
Can I renounce my PR and reapply with my new wife and three kids through Express Entry Visa?
What should I do ? What is the possible way to take my second spouse and kids with me to Canada?

Please reply ....

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
I didn’t get what do u mean. U have divorced your first wife and in the very next paragraph u r asking can u file ur divorce from your home country?

Assuming u r from Pakistan, are u talking about sharai Talaq which is done and Talaq according to Pakistan laws are not done

Atif.Javed

Aug 17, 2018
Actually I had divorced the first wife according to legal laws in Pakistan before I married to my second wife.
I forgot all about my immigration case which I had filed in 2009.
Luckily I got PR in 2014 but didn't change my status, went to Canada n came back after 7 months.
My first wife who was divorced in Pakistan is still in my immigration file.
I want to take my second wife n kids to Canada.
I can't sponsor them as my PR doesn't meet RO.

I want to renounce my status coz of the misrepresentations that I made in the past.
I can't get the required score in Express Entry due to my age factor.
But my wife can easily make 470 plus.
Now my question is:
Can we file our case via Express Entry showing my wife a principal applicant?
Will it have any negative impact even if I renounce my previous status?
Please guide

BertlCamus

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
This sounds like a case where a good lawyer is essential. Have you adopted the three kids or did you have them all along and failed to declare them in your first application?

Atif.Javed

Aug 17, 2018
I have these three kids from my second wife n didn't declare them thinking that wife is mentioned...
But here I made a mistake.
Well, renouncing PR won't solve the issue?
Then I will be declared spouse to my second wife who will apply as a princ

BertlCamus

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
Ok I get it now. Look, I am a layperson but IRCC will most likely scrutinize your second application and if they find you committed misrepresentation you will be banned for 5 years from applying. More importantly even, your children may never be able to be sponsored by you, ever, because you did not declare them. Get a lawyer for sure.

BertlCamus

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
others may comment but renouncing PR is a pretty big deal. It's not like exchanging a pair of shoes at a store.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Actually I had divorced the first wife according to legal laws in Pakistan before I married to my second wife.
I forgot all about my immigration case which I had filed in 2009.
Luckily I got PR in 2014 but didn't change my status, went to Canada n came back after 7 months.
My first wife who was divorced in Pakistan is still in my immigration file.
I want to take my second wife n kids to Canada.
I can't sponsor them as my PR doesn't meet RO.

I want to renounce my status coz of the misrepresentations that I made in the past.
I can't get the required score in Express Entry due to my age factor.
But my wife can easily make 470 plus.
Now my question is:
Can we file our case via Express Entry showing my wife a principal applicant?
Will it have any negative impact even if I renounce my previous status?
Please guide
Did u divorce your wife before getting PR?

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
If it is before getting PR then that may not sit well with IRCC. If u divorce after getting your PR then u should be ok.

U can sponsor your second wife and mentioned that u were married previously and present union council divorce registration certificate and that should do it

BertlCamus

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
If it is before getting PR then that may not sit well with IRCC. If u divorce after getting your PR then u should be ok.

U can sponsor your second wife and mentioned that u were married previously and present union council divorce registration certificate and that should do it
I am not at all convinced it is that simple. Get a lawyer.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
If OP divorced his wife after landing he is fine. He is not obliged to tel IRCC once he has landed becuZ then your file gets closed.

But if it’s before landing then I second @BertlCamus suggestion of consulting a lawyer

Atif.Javed

Aug 17, 2018

If I present my divorce to the first wife on the date after landing, will IRCC accept the case of my second wife and three kids from her?