+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

renouncing PR and re-applying

kamyano23

Nov 20, 2018
I had PR status and a PR card which expired without meeting the residency obligations.

i am now considering moving to Canada. is the best way to renounce the original PR status and re-apply again for a new one?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I had PR status and a PR card which expired without meeting the residency obligations.

i am now considering moving to Canada. is the best way to renounce the original PR status and re-apply again for a new one?
Depends on the reasons for failing to meet the RO. You could always try the PRTD route or cross the USA/Canada Border with your expired PR card (and hope that you are not reported).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you have family now? You can't sponsor family unless you are in compliance. If you are able to get in without being reported are you able to stay in Canada without leaving for at least 2 years. This may not be possible to due to job or family commitments, If you have a family they may not be able to visit you in Canada and you could be separated for 3 years. Do you have a US visa? Are you willing to attempt to enter Canada or do you qualify and so it makes it easier. Do you have a SIN? Depending on the province an expired PR can cause a few problems.

fateh88

Sep 2, 2013
hello,
I am in process of revoking my PR and reapplying it with my spouse, below is LOE i am writing please let me know should i make any changes to it.

Dear Officer

Re: Revoking of Permanent Residency Status

Name:

Date of Birth:

Client ID:

I consider myself fortunate enough to be given opportunity to study and live in Canada but unfortunately at this point I would request you to please revoke my Canadian PR status.

I strongly feel the Canadian opportunities are great enough for me and my wife to consider making Canada as our home in future.

Kindly accept my request to revoke my Canadian PR status and do the needful.

Sincerely,

Shovik18

May 7, 2021
Hello,
I am applying for a renounce of my PR status. I faced a problem with the application. Do I need to include my parent's declaration in part B if I am over 18