+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renounciation PR request

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
i have applied for study visa this month.i was removed as a minor from canada by my parents.few months before i had applied for prtd h&c case as i was removed as a minor which was refused and asked me to appeal within 60 days otherwise i shall lost my PR status after 60 days.its over 90 days now i applied for study visa and they email me a forum of renounciation of PR. Why they send me this while it was mentioned in previous letter of travel document refusal that i shall lost my status after 60 days.
I send that forum via email after 7 days.will this additional document request indicates my refusal or what? Also i send this forum via gmail as they mentioned to send it via email or online account or by hand.
I applied under sds on 29 april offline.and i got additional documentation request on 9 may and i email them on 16 may.how much time it will take to get the result of my study visa file,?
@dpenabill @scylla
Appriciate your help☺

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It takes time for forms to be received and processed - weeks to months. Just because the deadline has passed doesn't mean IRCC has updated their records about you, unfortunately.

There are no timelines to indicate processing once you've been requested to provide additional documents. If you submitted the renunciation form on May 16 (yesterday) you can safely assume that while your email may have made it there, it now takes some time for the email to be read, sorted, passed to the visa officer, and processed. Hopefully it will be processed for you quickly, but it can take a few weeks to longer.

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
It takes time for forms to be received and processed - weeks to months. Just because the deadline has passed doesn't mean IRCC has updated their records about you, unfortunately.

There are no timelines to indicate processing once you've been requested to provide additional documents. If you submitted the renunciation form on May 16 (yesterday) you can safely assume that while your email may have made it there, it now takes some time for the email to be read, sorted, passed to the visa officer, and processed. Hopefully it will be processed for you quickly, but it can take a few weeks to longer.
Thxxx for ur reply.one more thing..is this have any negative impact upon my study visa approval.how much chances are there for the approval of my study permit after this.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thxxx for ur reply.one more thing..is this have any negative impact upon my study visa approval.how much chances are there for the approval of my study permit after this.
Renunciation won't have a negative impact.

It is impossible to give chances on your visa application without being a visa officer and having your file in front of me. It depends on your background, your profile, your studies, and so much more. Sorry.

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Renunciation won't have a negative impact.

It is impossible to give chances on your visa application without being a visa officer and having your file in front of me. It depends on your background, your profile, your studies, and so much more. Sorry.
As i had mentioned in first post. I had applied for prtd as minor removed from canada earlier which was refused?is that case have any negative impact.
Thnkuu for ur quick response.!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
As i had mentioned in first post. I had applied for prtd as minor removed from canada earlier which was refused?is that case have any negative impact.
Thnkuu for ur quick response.!
I have no idea. That you have applied to renounce will clarify things. I don't know if the PRTD refusal will be seem as a negative. You must of course explain it in any visa application.

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
I have no idea. That you have applied to renounce will clarify things. I don't know if the PRTD refusal will be seem as a negative. You must of course explain it in any visa application.
Hloo i remember today that i forget to attach pictures along with my renunciation application which was given by hand.although i also send it by mail and it was conplete via mail.but i forget to attach it by hand.is this result in refusal or they consider my full application which was sent via mail.