04-05-2011
IELTS Request
with the application
Med's Request
02-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
Hi All,

I recently got a job offer from canada government. i have lived in the US for most of my time and now i can not meet my residency requirements to renew my PR. Do you think if i join the canadian govt. job I will be able to renew my PR smoothly.

Thank you

D

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,

I recently got a job offer from canada government. i have lived in the US for most of my time and now i can not meet my residency requirements to renew my PR. Do you think if i join the canadian govt. job I will be able to renew my PR smoothly.

Thank you

D
No. A government job offer does not exempt you from needing to meet the Residency Obligation. You can attempt to enter Canada without being reported. If successful, you would need to remain here for 2 straight years to once again comply with the RO and be able to renew your PR card. If reported, expect to lose your PR status unless you can show serious H&C grounds.

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
Hi All,

I recently got a job offer from canada government. i have lived in the US for most of my time
I am in a similar position, in that I am a PR living in US, and applying for government positions. How did you find the hiring/selection process? Was it more difficult, given that you aren’t in Canada?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I once worked on contract for the Feds about 5 years ago during the summer .They needed a copy of my passport, as well as a copy of my birth certificate. I asked why did they need both , there reply “ We need to be sure beyond the shadow of a doubt you are legal in the country , and legally eligible for us to offer the job”, guess the last thing they did not want to do was offer a job to someone in the civil service if they weren’t legally eligible to be in the country, that more than likely could have caused a problem
I want to reiterate, they wanted copies on file and to see the original of my documents I gave them
I do not know what they would do if you presented a PR card that would be expired . When you applied, and the application asked for your status in the country , what did you put ?

Last edited: