+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewing PR Card...

JABen

Jan 3, 2020
My PR Card and US Passport decided to expire at almost the exact same time. For the PR Card, I’m wondering if I should renew my Passport first and then send in a notarized copy of my new passport after I get it, OR just get a copy of my old one notarized and send that in right away. Any advice?

Oh, almost forgot! When I fill out the travel thing, I know for a fact that I won’t be able to remember all the exact dates of my travel. I keep forgetting to ask for a stamp because customs is stressful enough. I’ve made a number of small trips to the US, but there’s no question I’ve been in Canada enough to meet the PR requirements. In five years I’ve spent less than three months stateside for visits to family. However, I’m nervous about getting into trouble for not having all the dates filled out on the forms. Should I just try to navigate the arcane Canadian government website and try to get a travel history from CBSA, or is it not a huge deal since I definitely meet the PR requirements?

Note: I don’t have any immediate international travel plans, but my parents are getting on in age and you never know.

Also, for the life of me I can’t find the password to my old account here and the password reset thingy didn’t send anything to my active email addresses. So, here I am, new account for 2020!
-JA

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you've only traveled to the US, you should be able to get your US travel history a lot easier. Presumably you know how long you stayed each time you visited?

JABen

Jan 3, 2020
Tried. The website said it couldn’t find any records, so I think it might only track non-US passports?