+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewing PR card

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
What to do in my case

I just checked my pr card status, it says complete and below is the status. I checked the mailing address, it's perfect in their status page. It's been 3 weeks, but i haven't received any card to the mailing address in Ottawa. What should i do now. Please help. Thanks!
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 11, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 27, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 27, 2018.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on April 23, 2018
That is now over 2 weeks... best contact IRCC because you should have received.... no mail is that slow even by Canada Post standards....

Something happened to it... maybe a wrong postal code or misspelled address leading to Canada Post being unable to deliver it and returning to the production centre..

There have been cases like that.. under normal conditions something mailed within Canada should be delivered in 7 working days...

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Hi everyone

Im surprised to see everyone has been getting confirmations soon after they sent their application?
I sent mine around 10th of April and did not get any confirmation. I saw the tracking number, 2 days after sending the package, it said delivered, so i threw it away.

I sent an online inquiry a month later to ask why i havent received a confirmation. I was asked to provide a tracking number, and that it wasnt received (by this time, a month later, it was long gone!)

I called the number for IRCC and the lady told me it was impossible to get a confirmation because the timeline was 95 days, so i would only get confirmation after 3 months. She even said whoever answered your online inquiry cant prove that they havent received your mail because my application hasnt even been opened yet.

Its now been the full length of time that was required...

Has someone had to wait this long to even find out if the application was received by CIC?

I soon need to apply for 5 different visas within 2 months, and i dont have time for this guessing game anymore!

kiqr

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
What to do in my case

I just checked my pr card status, it says complete and below is the status. I checked the mailing address, it's perfect in their status page. It's been 3 weeks, but i haven't received any card to the mailing address in Ottawa. What should i do now. Please help. Thanks!
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 11, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 27, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 27, 2018.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on April 23, 2018
Were you able to receive your card? Or did you have to fill in solemn declaration?