+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewing PR Card - Absences and Address History details

Samrao100

Mar 13, 2022
Yes, these days bcos of the huge backlog etc., things are not that straightforward. So I applied Online for PRTD bcos that's the only option available for Indian Permanent residents. Wasnt too familiar with scanning & attaching all the proofs (passport pages, Boarding passes, pay stubs) in the various categories of the Drop Down Menu ( out of say 19 categories, only 3 or 4 apply to me) ... so long story ... only 2 passport pages & 1 page of Boarding pass scans ... which is insufficient Proof of RO... each of those is more than 20 scans each.

So got the email reply from IRCC 2 days later requesting the documents to be Mailed (or emailed? Not clear) to the concerned Embassy, High Commission or Consulate dealing with my case (not very clear again as to WHERE) . SO tried to call 3 different Consulates in India, finally got to talk to a live agent at New Delhi... who suggested that I email reply back to the original IRCC email & attach all documents (its possible sending over 1 or few large PDFs with various pages, not one) AND also Mail the documents by courier to the Bengaluru Canadian Consulate. So that someone would eventually read it & make sure to include the Application # for reference.

Which is what I did, a week ago... now waiting for the next step
So the PROOF of RO I've mailed (& emailed ) in response to their request...but my PRTD application is just the One I applied online Jan 24th, not multiple applications

Reactions: walterg74

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I have posted this as well within another thread but kind of got lost, and focusing on this specific topic anyway, so I though a separate post was best.

We became PR in Aug. 2014. For different reasons we had only been in Canada for a total of about 60 days approx. (between April 2018, Dec. 2018, and Dec 2019 and Jan 2020, so all periods that are still within the 5 year window going back from today).

At the beginning of April 2021, we came to settle, and while we were warned we were not reported and have stayed since then.

As we stand, I met the 730 days for the RO on Feb 4th, and my Wife just yesterday on Feb 10th.

We now want to renew the PR card, as we need to travel and would like to have it (possibly) in time at least for the return, so with the aforementioned, I have 1086 days of absence and she has 1093.

What we have a few doubts about is the address history, and the absences listing.

For the address history:
- I am *NOT* listing any address which may be for either a vacation or work trip.
- I *AM* listing all Airbnb addresses where we resided when in Canada, as those would help/count my "in Canada" days for those periods in 2018/2019/2020)

Does this sound ok to you?

For the absences:
- I *AM* listing absences that included a departure from Canada and an arrival back to Canada
- I am *NOT* listing "trips" that originated while already having left Canada. For example, Left Canada Jan 1st, to my home country and returned to Canada June 1st. If I made a trip Say March 1 to March 15 to the US (departing from and returning to my home country), I did not list this.

My rational is that if I were to list such a trip, besides adding many more lines, and over complicating things, such a trip would not for example be found in CBSA records, as this list seems to assume that they are departing from/returning to Canada.

Is my logic correct, or do I need to somehow clarify all this?

Also, would you advise to wait more days, or if we effectively meet the 730+ days we are in compliance and they should process it as per the law/guidelines?

Thanks!
You should be posting all addresses in the past 5 years even those out of Canada. If addresses are incomplete partial is better than no address.

walterg74

Star Member
Jul 21, 2009
You should be posting all addresses in the past 5 years even those out of Canada. If addresses are incomplete partial is better than no address.
Not sure I follow you..

Yes I am including the addresses outside Canada, but what I am not including is addresses of hotels, airbnbs, etc where I went for a vacation or work, as that was not my address, I did not live there...

Bilkish

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
HI,my daughter is in same situation like yours, she did not me RO, she intends to enter thru usa border, what questions will they ask her, hope they do not deport her from the border. How did you manage health card with expired Pr card once in country.plz reply asap.

walterg74

Star Member
Jul 21, 2009
HI,my daughter is in same situation like yours, she did not me RO, she intends to enter thru usa border, what questions will they ask her, hope they do not deport her from the border. How did you manage health card with expired Pr card once in country.plz reply asap.
Hello. She DID not meet or she DOES not meet, like right now?

Nobody can know what questions they will ask, that is impossible to know. In my case one time when we came through my PR card was OK and my wife's card was expired and they just said "remember to renew it" (we did not meet RO at that time already)

The last time both of us had expired pr cards, and I had a valid health card (with photo etc), and they had us gwt out and go into the office explain the case etc. I showed what haloened, that I already had a job offer, etc. and they in the end let us pass without reporting, with the recommendarion being male sure you stay and get everything in order.

Regarding health card, I did not manage anything with expired health card. I got mine when my PR card was still valid. I don't know about other provinces but at least here, if you don't have a valid and NOT expired PR card, you are out of luck. She will not be able to get health care and will need to buy private health insurance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She will not be able to get a new health card until she has a valid PR card. What about her children? If they don’t have TRVs they can’t come to Canada with her. If she isn’t compliant with her RO then she can’t apply to sponsor her children and spouse either. Even if not reported she needs to stay in Canada for 2 years and then apply for a new PR card. Only then will she be able to apply fir a health card and apply to sponsor her family.

walterg74

Star Member
Jul 21, 2009
Hi all,

Just as update, I sent the applications via UPS on Feb 14, due to holidays etc, was received at the processing center on Feb 20.

It's been over a month and still no email or anything that they have even started processing.

Should I worry..?

Rk1989

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
Hi all,

Just as update, I sent the applications via UPS on Feb 14, due to holidays etc, was received at the processing center on Feb 20.

It's been over a month and still no email or anything that they have even started processing.

Should I worry..?
I wouldn’t worry just yet.. takes 6-8 weeks to receive acknowledgment. I submitted Feb 18th and have not received any updates.

walterg74

Star Member
Jul 21, 2009
I wouldn’t worry just yet.. takes 6-8 weeks to receive acknowledgment. I submitted Feb 18th and have not received any updates.
Ok thanks, but that dos not seem to match what it states in their processing times... It currently (updated today) says it's taking on average 63 days. which wouldn't match with the "6-8 weeks" *to get an acknowledgement* ?

Also in their FAQ they state:

If you apply by mail
The processing time starts when your complete application arrives in our mail room.

So that means it should be (on average) roughly 8/9 weeks for it to be completed, not just acknowledged.

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1474&top=3

Rk1989

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
Ok thanks, but that dos not seem to match what it states in their processing times... It currently (updated today) says it's taking on average 63 days. which wouldn't match with the "6-8 weeks" *to get an acknowledgement* ?

Also in their FAQ they state:

If you apply by mail
The processing time starts when your complete application arrives in our mail room.

So that means it should be (on average) roughly 8/9 weeks for it to be completed, not just acknowledged.

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1474&top=3
Once they have received your application (I Submitted online) up till when your application is approved is the “processing time”.. Once the AOR is received it doesn’t take too long for it to be approved. Regardless it looks like there have been many scenarios.

walterg74

Star Member
Jul 21, 2009
Once they have received your application (I Submitted online) up till when your application is approved is the “processing time”.. Once the AOR is received it doesn’t take too long for it to be approved. Regardless it looks like there have been many scenarios.
Welp.... 8 week mark was 2 days ago, and still no news... :(

Edit: Just in case, yes, I know they're on strike, but my 8 week mark was a day before the strike :)

walterg74

Star Member
Jul 21, 2009
So.. Still no news on my application... I realize that they are in theory swamped, plus the recent strike, etc. but it was RECEIVED by them Feb 21, and not even the AOR yet... Should I be worried and/or think of submitting a second application, maybe electronically?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

walterg74

Star Member
Jul 21, 2009
Ok, finally got the AOR today!!!

Weird thing (although correct and accurate) is that the AOR letter actually says my application was received on February 21st... WTH...

On the other hand, if I search for my application online nothing comes up, meaning in theory it has not yet started processing. So now the mystery of when this will complete, because I have been told "processing" time start when the AOR is received, they FAQ states "processing" time starts when the application arrives in their mailroom, etc. So who really knows... :confused: