App. Filed.......
aug 23, 2011
AOR Received.
nov 10, 2011
File Transfer...
NOV,10,2011
Med's Done....
JULY,20,2011
because the government is greedy and want more money we will be goin to 10yr passports in 2013 and there will also be a chip in them

Nizana

Nov 8, 2011
So I wanted to renew my passport since we'll be moving in August and mine expires in November, and getting a new passport via the embassy seems to be a royal pain in the bum, not to mention how far from Cape Breton it is.

So I got my new shiny passport when, lo and behold on the day I'm going to mail the visa office (London) a copy of my new passport I get a registered mail from them with my COPR. It has my old passport number on it (doh), so what do I do now? I still have my old passport, but it's invalid for travel. Do i need to send the COPR back and get it fixed?

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Nizana said:
So I wanted to renew my passport since we'll be moving in August and mine expires in November, and getting a new passport via the embassy seems to be a royal pain in the bum, not to mention how far from Cape Breton it is.

So I got my new shiny passport when, lo and behold on the day I'm going to mail the visa office (London) a copy of my new passport I get a registered mail from them with my COPR. It has my old passport number on it (doh), so what do I do now? I still have my old passport, but it's invalid for travel. Do i need to send the COPR back and get it fixed?
You should contact the embassy and explain them the situation. Hopefully they will ask you to send your new passport copy with the COPR.

Nizana

Nov 8, 2011
Our embassy here in Stockholm doesn't answer any questions at all about immigration, but I sent an question via the web form to the London office and got a reply :) When I submitted it it said it could be 28 days to get a reply so I figured I'd ask here as well. They did get back to me just now, and all I have to do is send back the COPR with a copy of my new passport and a self addressed return envelope.

I'm hoping they don't mean the envelope needs to be prepaid as I have no idea how to do that from here. Finding an envelope big enough is going to be enough of a challenge.

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
bu ayaan said:
You should contact the embassy and explain them the situation. Hopefully they will ask you to send your new passport copy with the COPR.
Guys pls advise if previous passport had expired in 2004 , will it necessary to hold / show expired passport with the new passport at the POE , or will ask about this at the POE

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
I can't imagine why they would want to see an expired passport.

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
canadiangirl78 said:
I can't imagine why they would want to see an expired passport.
Dear because previous passport number have mention in the new one ,if they aske me about old passport number then what you say it necessary to keep hold the old passport with us

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
I don't know but if you have the expired one I guess you might as well take it with you.

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
canadiangirl78 said:
I don't know but if you have the expired one I guess you might as well take it with you.
Ok thanks

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
canadiangirl78 said:
Let me know one thing if you dont mind have you filled new generic form if you haved then tell me , what we should write in the column of dependants type ,mention 3 options in the form ,1) type A dependant, 2)Type B depndants 3) TYPE c dependants