+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewing my PR Card, few questions

AtlanticCat

Oct 18, 2018
Hello! I hope all is well, I'm renewing my PR card and I have few questions about the applications forms and the process and I appreciate any help :D

- IMM5444 form: For the question on whether I was issued a travel document before, is the landing counterfoil considered a Travel document? The landing visa one

- Does IRCC pull-up my CBSA travel history while reviewing my application? I would like it to be the case just in case I made a mistake in the travel history dates.

- Address History (Inside and Outside Canada):So between 2018 and 2020 I travelled a lot inside Canada and jumped from one Airbnb address to the other. I only leased an apartment in 2020 until now (permanent place). My spouse spent a whole year between 2022 and 2023 overseas in our country of birth. Do I need to list all Airbnbs, Motels, Hostels, temporary and permanent addresses inside and outside Canada? I'm asking this as we have only have one permanent address in Canada and two permanent extended family addresses overseas we stay at.

- How accurate dates should be on the travel history? I might be off by 1 day here and there due to lengthy travel. Also, I'm not sure whether few hours of a day are counted as a whole day. I wont risk it so I will allow for 2-3 week of buffer.

- I'm still preparing my application online, how long an not submitted application will be stored on IRCC server before it gets deleted? it might be months before I apply

Help is greatly appreciated

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello! I hope all is well, I'm renewing my PR card and I have few questions about the applications forms and the process and I appreciate any help :D

- IMM5444 form: For the question on whether I was issued a travel document before, is the landing counterfoil considered a Travel document? The landing visa one

no

- Does IRCC pull-up my CBSA travel history while reviewing my application? I would like it to be the case just in case I made a mistake in the travel history dates.

did you authorize IRCC? If not, then probably no

- Address History (Inside and Outside Canada):So between 2018 and 2020 I travelled a lot inside Canada and jumped from one Airbnb address to the other. I only leased an apartment in 2020 until now (permanent place). My spouse spent a whole year between 2022 and 2023 overseas in our country of birth. Do I need to list all Airbnbs, Motels, Hostels, temporary and permanent addresses inside and outside Canada? I'm asking this as we have only have one permanent address in Canada and two permanent extended family addresses overseas we stay at.

i think they meant only permanent addresses

- How accurate dates should be on the travel history? I might be off by 1 day here and there due to lengthy travel. Also, I'm not sure whether few hours of a day are counted as a whole day. I wont risk it so I will allow for 2-3 week of buffer.

As accurate as possible

- I'm still preparing my application online, how long an not submitted application will be stored on IRCC server before it gets deleted? it might be months before I apply

why not on paper? Didn't you read from previous post about issues with providing photos online?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

They are in fact counted as a full day. If you drive across the border to get gas and then return, it still counts as a full day towards your R.O., BUT...you need to show that exit/entry in the Travel History section. Many people add a separate sheet, or sheets, if they have many trips to document.

AtlanticCat

Oct 18, 2018
One more question, I spent years outside Canada outside in the last 5 years, I meet the residency obligation, but do I need PCC for countries during the period since I became a PR?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I checked again, in form IM5444 (online) there's no consent for CBSA or CRA
Suggest you complete the rest of the application and see if you can click on the Submit button...and if so, what happens.

Could very well be that IRCC has removed both of those consent boxes, meaning that they can check with either agency without needing your consent.

Reactions: AtlanticCat

hiteshkumar1986

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
singapore
NOC Code......
Do you know whether anyone has renewed their online Kid PR application?

Would the online form be the same for both adults and children?

Should I make different profiles for my child and adult users, or may they share the same login profile?