Renewing Indian passport through postal service in Toronto

qwertyguy

Jan 21, 2018
toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
toronto
I wanted to opt for postal service for passport renewal instead of an in-person visit to BLS centre. I had a few questions:
  • what all documents do we need to add in the package? the ones I am aware of is the photograph, passport, passport renewal form, a copy of signed Canadian residency proof and a copy of signed Canadian address proof
  • how much money is needed for the cheque? as per the site, it seems they need $77.4 (includes passport, consular and BLS fee) but they haven't mentioned anything extra for return courier. or do I need to also provide a return postal package or does BLS take care of it?
  • when we go in person, they probably also verify the actual address/residency proof and ask for a copy of the same. considering they won't see the actual address and residency proof and just a signed copy of it when we use the postal method, does it cause any issue?
  • do you think we need to show add any education proof so that we do not have the ECR required added in our passport? or is it not needed for renewal? I was curious because it was mentioned in the renewal form.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
I wanted to opt for postal service for passport renewal instead of an in-person visit to BLS centre. I had a few questions:
  • what all documents do we need to add in the package? the ones I am aware of is the photograph, passport, passport renewal form, a copy of signed Canadian residency proof and a copy of signed Canadian address proof
  • how much money is needed for the cheque? as per the site, it seems they need $77.4 (includes passport, consular and BLS fee) but they haven't mentioned anything extra for return courier. or do I need to also provide a return postal package or does BLS take care of it?
  • when we go in person, they probably also verify the actual address/residency proof and ask for a copy of the same. considering they won't see the actual address and residency proof and just a signed copy of it when we use the postal method, does it cause any issue?
  • do you think we need to show add any education proof so that we do not have the ECR required added in our passport? or is it not needed for renewal? I was curious because it was mentioned in the renewal form.
1. just follow the website to the tee and you will be good. https://www.blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/Toronto-Passport-Re-Issue-Checklist-Rev-10-4-june-12-2019.pdf
2. that amount includes everything. note that unless you are a minor, you need to pay the amount for adult which is 110.40. Please follow website carefully to avoid delays or re-application !
3. no issue
4. does not matter