+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewed passport but copr with old passport details

H_piparia

Nov 24, 2017
Dear Experts

Have an immediate query.

My passport was due expiry in june 2018 and i am planning to land in canada in jan 2018

My PR visas have been issued in this passport and also my COPR mentions the details of this passport.

Since it was due expiry, i got my passport renewed.

Now the old passport which has the visas and the details of which are mentioned in my COPR stands cancelled and i have a new passport.

My question is... As long as i land in Canada with both the passports, am i good? Or i need to get other formalities or paperwork done?

Marjeebar

Aug 25, 2017
Hi H_piparia.

I just want to know what happened to your situation. I am almost in the same page as you are. I have renewed my passport before I got the PPR request. But in my entire application, I used the old passport. I renewed because I was expecting that the PPR will arrive in a time that my old passport is about to expire (that is September 2018). I have a new passport but I am expecting to land even before my old passport will expire. Which passport will be stamped with the visa??

Thank you in advance and I hope you can also help me out with this..

Dear Experts

Have an immediate query.

My passport was due expiry in june 2018 and i am planning to land in canada in jan 2018

My PR visas have been issued in this passport and also my COPR mentions the details of this passport.

Since it was due expiry, i got my passport renewed.

Now the old passport which has the visas and the details of which are mentioned in my COPR stands cancelled and i have a new passport.

My question is... As long as i land in Canada with both the passports, am i good? Or i need to get other formalities or paperwork done?