+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewal of Visitor visa before it expires

priks1425

Star Member
May 25, 2019
Hello Members,

My sister applied her visitor visa last year and got the visa. Her visa expires on 15 June 2023 because her passport is expiring on 16 June 2023. Now she has renewed her passport this month and so she got new passport. She is planning to visit on 1st July 2023 and so she wants to apply visitor visa for that. Can she do that before her current visa which is expiring on 15 June 2023? or she has to wait until it expires? Has anybody had such experience ?

I didn't find any relevant information on CIC for such advance renewal.

Appreciate your support. Thank you.

sendtomaddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Hello Members,

My sister applied her visitor visa last year and got the visa. Her visa expires on 15 June 2023 because her passport is expiring on 16 June 2023. Now she has renewed her passport this month and so she got new passport. She is planning to visit on 1st July 2023 and so she wants to apply visitor visa for that. Can she do that before her current visa which is expiring on 15 June 2023? or she has to wait until it expires? Has anybody had such experience ?

I have the same situation
My passport and visitor visa is due to expire in June 2023
I renewed my passport
Applied for my Visitor Visa again
And got the visa approved in a weeks time(it also depends upon each application differently)
Please keep it in mind travel dates must be after your current visa validity dates

priks1425

Star Member
May 25, 2019
I have the same situation
My passport and visitor visa is due to expire in June 2023
I renewed my passport
Applied for my Visitor Visa again
And got the visa approved in a weeks time(it also depends upon each application differently)
Please keep it in mind travel dates must be after your current visa validity dates
Oh great.. so I have realtime case. Did you apply recently and from which country?

Yea I will keep travel date post current visa date while I do application for her. Also we have to provide previous visa details as well right?

Anything else that I need to take care of?

Appreciate your help.

sendtomaddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Oh great.. so I have realtime experience.

Yea I will keep travel date post current visa date while I do application for her. Also we have to provide previous visa details as well right?

Anything else that I need to take care of?

Appreciate your help.
You need to input FPC no printed on previous visa in UCI column in Visa Application Form, rest all documentation needs to be attached

priks1425

Star Member
May 25, 2019
You need to input FPC no printed on previous visa in UCI column in Visa Application Form, rest all documentation needs to be attached
Ok sure.. and application would be simply "Visitor Visa" category, right?

Did you apply your application recently? And from which country.

Thanks for your help.

sendtomaddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Ok sure.. and application would be simply "Visitor Visa" category, right?

Did you apply your application recently? And from which country.

Thanks for your help.
India, New Delhi
Applied on 21 Jan
Biometrics 27 Jan
Under Review 31 Jan
Approved on 03 Feb
Passport Submitted on 06 Feb
Received Back 14 Feb

sendtomaddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Hello Members,

Did your sister traveled in previous visa ?
Married/single
Home ties

Lots of things depends upon visa application

priks1425

Star Member
May 25, 2019
India, New Delhi
Applied on 21 Jan
Biometrics 27 Jan
Under Review 31 Jan
Approved on 03 Feb
Received Back 14 Feb
Cool.. thanks.

Out of curiosity, if you had visitor visa already with previous visa, then why this biometrics again on new application?
India, New Delhi
Applied on 21 Jan
Biometrics 27 Jan
Under Review 31 Jan
Approved on 03 Feb
Received Back 14 Feb
Cool thanks..

Out of curiosity, if you had visitor visa already with previous visa, then why this biometrics again on new application?

sangaurav

Feb 8, 2023
India, New Delhi
Applied on 21 Jan
Biometrics 27 Jan
Under Review 31 Jan
Approved on 03 Feb
Received Back 14 Feb
When was the counterfoil generated in CIC account before receiving passport on Feb 14th? Did you get any email update from CIC which let you know the stamping is done on the passport and next step is to only wait for passport delivery?

sendtomaddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
When was the counterfoil generated in CIC account before receiving passport on Feb 14th? Did you get any email update from CIC which let you know the stamping is done on the passport and next step is to only wait for passport delivery?
Received message of visa approved on 3 Feb, after that everything was updated after 24 hours of delivery of Passport in GC key
No update of stamping
Just a email from VFS, packet with processed application is ready for pick up at VFS

Reactions: sangaurav

nakulmahajan

Mar 16, 2019
INDIA
Category........
VISIT
I have a Current TRV valid till August 2023. I have applied for the new one with travel dates in October 2023.
I have travelled 2 times to Canada & also hold a valid B1/B2 US Visa with multiple history of travel to US so that makes me eligible for CAN+.

Applied on 12th Feb via GC key
Biometrics : Previous Valid till 2029
Review of eligibility started on 15th Feb

Hopefully will be getting the decision in few days.

Reactions: priks1425

sendtomaddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Cool.. thanks.

Cool thanks..

I never gave Biometrics earlier for Canada Visa

canadian23

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
Hello Members,

you can actually apply for renewal at least less than six months before travel date

Reactions: priks1425