+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewal of PR

Stephen1

Dec 29, 2011
Hi experts

We received our PR in 2009 under Skilled Worker category and did our first landing in August 2009. My family started living in Canada from September 2011. I visited Canada in 2009, 2010 & 2011 for short periods but returned to where I am due to personal reasons. My family (Wife and two sons) will stay in Canada for the next foreseeable future.

Our PR cards are valid upto August 2014.

If I do not fulfil the requirement of living 2 years in Canada within the first 5 years, I will lose my right to renew the PR.(Am I right?)

Does this mean I can't enter Canada after August 2014?

If my family remains in Canada after August 2014, what options do I have to renew my PR or enter Canada by aby other means??

I appreciate for your feedback so that I can prepare for the inevitable in advance.

Regards

Stephen1

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi stephen,

You have more than 2.7 years ahead for completing the obligation as a PR. If you cannot do that them you will loose PR. You have to complete the required days and apply for renewal inside Canada.

george_d

Dec 30, 2011
Dears,

I have almost the same issue as my family are in Canada and my perants are old and sick. I have to take care of them. I heard the options for this issue are very limited such as having ac contract with canadian company to work abroad. Some of the guys will do illegal solution which i do not prefer. I am not an expert but i beleive a solution should be there for such cases.

Stephen1

Dec 29, 2011
Thank you Wilson for your feedback. However, I am expecting one of the senior members to reply to this (i.e.PNM).

Assuming I will not be able to fulfil the requirements by 2014, is there any other way for me to at least visit the family. i.e. Can they apply a 'visitor visa' or something or could I apply from where I am to the Canadian Embassy requesting a visa to visit the family?

Is there a provision for the family to sponsor me once they hopefully obtain their citizenship?

Stephen