+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RENEWAL of PR - MINOR

ashvez

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Hello all,
I had applied for renewal of my PR along with my kids, aged 18 and 14. Sent it through courier to IRCC office in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Got a confirmation of the package being received.
Further, I got 2 emails from IRCC, one for my son (18 yrs) and the other for me confirming the applications were received and is under the process with two different UCI's respectively. But I did not receive any confirmation email for my daughter ( 14yrs).
Is this a usual norm as she is a minor ? Or should I be getting a separate email confirmation for her as well?
Would appreciate if I can get some direction for my case. Thank you all!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello all,
I had applied for renewal of my PR along with my kids, aged 18 and 14. Sent it through courier to IRCC office in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Got a confirmation of the package being received.
Further, I got 2 emails from IRCC, one for my son (18 yrs) and the other for me confirming the applications were received and is under the process with two different UCI's respectively. But I did not receive any confirmation email for my daughter ( 14yrs).
Is this a usual norm as she is a minor ? Or should I be getting a separate email confirmation for her as well?
Would appreciate if I can get some direction for my case. Thank you all!
Watch the emails closely. Both emails are for AOR for both kids separately. The second email you are talking about is not for "confirming the applications and in-process stage". We dont receive email for In-Process stage.

Your both emails should have different R number in subject and the names in email differently. Are you sure that this is not the case?

Reactions: ashvez

ashvez

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Watch the emails closely. Both emails are for AOR for both kids separately. The second email you are talking about is not for "confirming the applications and in-process stage". We dont receive email for In-Process stage.

Your both emails should have different R number in subject and the names in email differently. Are you sure that this is not the case?
@harirajmohan Thank you for replying so promptly. Yes you are right. I got emails with different R numbers in subject and respective names in the email (one for my son and the other one for me).
But, I haven't got any email for my daughter. Do I need to get back to IRCC and ask what the issue is? Or is it possible that my daughter is a minor so the R number which applies to me will be for her as well. I got these emails this Fri, 29th JAN 2021 and we had applied in September 2020. Due to COVID there has been significant delay.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
@harirajmohan Thank you for replying so promptly. Yes you are right. I got emails with different R numbers in subject and respective names in the email (one for my son and the other one for me).
But, I haven't got any email for my daughter. Do I need to get back to IRCC and ask what the issue is? Or is it possible that my daughter is a minor so the R number which applies to me will be for her as well. I got these emails this Fri, 29th JAN 2021 and we had applied in September 2020. Due to COVID there has been significant delay.
Possibly delay but all applicants would get separate receipt. Check the application copy if you have given the email correctly. Wait for few days and call them on Wednesday or so.
Try with her UCI to check the status after few days to see if you can view any status online. For me it took more than 4-7 days to view the status online using uci as for the first few days it was showing status only with R number.

Reactions: ashvez

ashvez

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Possibly delay but all applicants would get separate receipt. Check the application copy if you have given the email correctly. Wait for few days and call them on Wednesday or so.
Try with her UCI to check the status after few days to see if you can view any status online. For me it took more than 4-7 days to view the status online using uci as for the first few days it was showing status only with R number.
Thank you so much for your guidance.
Hence, by mid week I will give call to IRCC and ask the reason behind for my daughter not getting an email confirmation with a respective R number.
Take care !