Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-05-2013
LANDED..........
very soon!!
Hello everyone! I need help/advice on a situation my employee is currently facing. My employee who has a temporary work permit in Canada and who has an application for PR in progress is not able to get her health care card in Ontario. Let me explain more. She resides in Ontario and her employer is in another canadian province, she is teleworking like thousands of other employees across the country. When she applied for her health card in Ontario, she only had a 6 month work contract with us, the Service Ontario person gave her a card for 6 months. Recently, we've promoted her to a full time job so she returned to renew her Ontario card and showed her new contract. The same person she saw 6 months ago who gave her the card back then said : "where is your employer located? if your employer is not located in Ontario, you cannot have the Ontario card"!! But it was given to her before for 6 months based on a 6 months contract. The employer is not in Ontario but the employee is living in Ontario with her family, contributing to the Ontario economy and is teleworking for a company located outside Ontario. I don't understand that if we've had an office in Ontario, she could have a card. Now, I have an employee who cannot have our Health card because she does not currently live here but lives in Ontario and she cannot have the Ontario card because her employer does not have an office in Ontario. This person is falling into what I call a "crack", she cannot have any service in either province so if she gets sick.....she can't get any help from the province where she has established nor can she get help from the other province where she is employed because her residence is in Ontario. When I look at the Service Ontario website, it indicates that for a renewal from someone who has applied for PR, you need to provide the following:
1-your old health card;
2-proof of your Ontario residency (there was a specific section if you are a PR applicant. She is a PR applicant with a work permit but she does not have a letter from CIC stating that:
a)that she has applied for PR
b)that she meets all the requirements
c)that she has not been denied
3-piece of id such as passport
As you know, the PR process can take long so she does not have any letter from CIC saying that her application meets all requirements. She is waiting since many months now and her application is always in progress.
Any advice, suggestions to help her? I feel helpless and I don't know where to go from here. I understand there are rules but sometimes, the rules are not always logic and i am sure that she is not the only immigrant teleworking in Canada in her situation. THANKS IN ADVANCE for any tips, suggestions, hoping we can find a solution.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone! I need help/advice on a situation my employee is currently facing. My employee who has a temporary work permit in Canada and who has an application for PR in progress is not able to get her health care card in Ontario. Let me explain more. She resides in Ontario and her employer is in another canadian province, she is teleworking like thousands of other employees across the country. When she applied for her health card in Ontario, she only had a 6 month work contract with us, the Service Ontario person gave her a card for 6 months. Recently, we've promoted her to a full time job so she returned to renew her Ontario card and showed her new contract. The same person she saw 6 months ago who gave her the card back then said : "where is your employer located? if your employer is not located in Ontario, you cannot have the Ontario card"!! But it was given to her before for 6 months based on a 6 months contract. The employer is not in Ontario but the employee is living in Ontario with her family, contributing to the Ontario economy and is teleworking for a company located outside Ontario. I don't understand that if we've had an office in Ontario, she could have a card. Now, I have an employee who cannot have our Health card because she does not currently live here but lives in Ontario and she cannot have the Ontario card because her employer does not have an office in Ontario. This person is falling into what I call a "crack", she cannot have any service in either province so if she gets sick.....she can't get any help from the province where she has established nor can she get help from the other province where she is employed because her residence is in Ontario. When I look at the Service Ontario website, it indicates that for a renewal from someone who has applied for PR, you need to provide the following:
1-your old health card;
2-proof of your Ontario residency (there was a specific section if you are a PR applicant. She is a PR applicant with a work permit but she does not have a letter from CIC stating that:
a)that she has applied for PR
b)that she meets all the requirements
c)that she has not been denied
3-piece of id such as passport
As you know, the PR process can take long so she does not have any letter from CIC saying that her application meets all requirements. She is waiting since many months now and her application is always in progress.
Any advice, suggestions to help her? I feel helpless and I don't know where to go from here. I understand there are rules but sometimes, the rules are not always logic and i am sure that she is not the only immigrant teleworking in Canada in her situation. THANKS IN ADVANCE for any tips, suggestions, hoping we can find a solution.
She needs the letter from IRCC:
  • are applying for permanent residence in Canada and:
    • have submitted an application to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and;
    • IRCC has confirmed they have reviewed the application and that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply (see document requirements);and
    • you have not yet been denied
For applicants for permanent residence
  • Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) letter (IRCC used to be called Citizenship and Immigration Canada, or CIC). The letter must:
    • be on IRCC letterhead, addressed to you as applicant
    • state IRCC has confirmed you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada and you have not yet been denied.
  • IRCC document (e.g. work permit, visitor record, temporary resident permit or study permit), with a note confirming all three of the following. You have:
    1. applied for permanent residence
    2. met the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence
    3. have not been denied

Bibiche

Star Member
Sep 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2013
Med's Done....
27-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-05-2013
LANDED..........
very soon!!
She needs the letter from IRCC:
  • are applying for permanent residence in Canada and:
    • have submitted an application to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and;
    • IRCC has confirmed they have reviewed the application and that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply (see document requirements);and
    • you have not yet been denied
For applicants for permanent residence
  • Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) letter (IRCC used to be called Citizenship and Immigration Canada, or CIC). The letter must:
    • be on IRCC letterhead, addressed to you as applicant
    • state IRCC has confirmed you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada and you have not yet been denied.
  • IRCC document (e.g. work permit, visitor record, temporary resident permit or study permit), with a note confirming all three of the following. You have:
    1. applied for permanent residence
    2. met the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence
    3. have not been denied
Thanks Naturgrl, I understand that. The problem is how to get that letter from CIC? the only letter she received is to say that she can work in Canada but nothing indicates that she has met all criterias with her PR application. The only info she can see on her file right now is "in process" and it has been the case for many months. If her case is in progress, would that mean that she met all requirements, otherwise she would have been notified? Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks Naturgrl, I understand that. The problem is how to get that letter from CIC? the only letter she received is to say that she can work in Canada but nothing indicates that she has met all criterias with her PR application. The only info she can see on her file right now is "in process" and it has been the case for many months. If her case is in progress, would that mean that she met all requirements, otherwise she would have been notified? Thanks.
So she doesn’t know if she has met eligibility requirements if her file is in process,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Normally there is a location specified on the WP which makes working remotely from another province impossible. Is there a location specified on the WP?

iVictor

Dec 20, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I have already asked question in the following topic:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/problem-with-extending-a-medical-card.774197/

Maybe, anybody can help me.

I've been extending my work permit since February. I'm still waiting for an answer from IRCC. I try to extend my medical card in Montrreal right now.
RAMQ needs a proof about my current status. They said me to sign a special form and they can contact IRCC and validate my status in Canada before give me a new medical card.

I have two questions:
1. How long will IRCC answer RAMQ about my status?
2. Maybe, anyone knows a different way to extend my medical card? Send some documents? Or you know some IRCC email for urgent situations?