+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renew PR

sachin80

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Hi

I wanted to check and understand a lease agreement with my name on it is mandatory for renewing PR card. If I stay for 3 months in Canada but my name is not there on any housing document, would that be okay from a perspective of renewing PR card ?

I don't see any entry stamp on my passport. So not sure how CIC will calculate my physical stay.

Can anyone please share your thoughts on this ?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

I wanted to check and understand a lease agreement with my name on it is mandatory for renewing PR card. If I stay for 3 months in Canada but my name is not there on any housing document, would that be okay from a perspective of renewing PR card ?

I don't see any entry stamp on my passport. So not sure how CIC will calculate my physical stay.

what other proof do you have that you are in Canada? Daily purchases in Canadian brick and mortar stores, proof of in person appointments, proof of going into your workplace, etc. Why are you not on a lease? If you are planning on leave Canada for many months per year you may not qualify for healthcare coverage in your province. There are residency requirements specifically to receive healthcare in each province. Having a valid healthcare card isn’t enough.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi

IRCC knows when you leave Canada. They can get the information from CBSA. They do not need the stamp.
You are the one who need to prove proof of your RO. So as suggested above, provide any doucment that can proof your activities inside Canada.
You need to fill out and show IRCC how you calculate your physical stay and include that in your rewenal.