Renew PR Card then travel before it arrives

ahmedraza01

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I want to ask, my father’s PR card is expiring in May 2024, but he wants to travel now about in two weeks but he will come back in August or September 2024. So he will send the renewal application before leaving Canada, but his PR card will arrive after he left, so can we send his new PR card to a
Pakistan as my brother has to go in two months, but when he will come back is there will be a problem at airport on arrival ? Or what other option i have ??
Please guide
Thank you

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I want to ask, my father’s PR card is expiring in May 2024, but he wants to travel now about in two weeks but he will come back in August or September 2024. So he will send the renewal application before leaving Canada, but his PR card will arrive after he left, so can we send his new PR card to a
Pakistan as my brother has to go in two months, but when he will come back is there will be a problem at airport on arrival ? Or what other option i have ??
Please guide
Thank you
If he has US visa, tell him to fly to US and return to Canada via a land border

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Please guide
Thank you
If he gets the PR card sent in time, no issue returning with the new one.

ahmedraza01

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tell him to get a PR Travel document in case the PR card not received in time.
Can we apply PRTD before departure or we have to apply from outside canada ?
can i send his new PR card via my brother?? Is it ok

ahmedraza01

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was worried because someone told me that he will have problem by CBSA on arrival as he left the country with old PR card but on arrival he has his new card, how did you get your renewed PR card while you’re out of Canada. He is said you cannot send his PR card by someone else, this is illegal
CBSA will have questions about it, is it true??
or can we send it by post ??

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was worried because someone told me that he will have problem by CBSA on arrival as he left the country with old PR card but on arrival he has his new card, how did you get your renewed PR card while you’re out of Canada. He is said you cannot send his PR card by someone else, this is illegal
CBSA will have questions about it, is it true??
or can we send it by post ??
No it's not illegal.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please guide
Thank you
He will need to update his addrsss indicating that he is no longer in Canada since you are required to update any changes to te information provided in the application. He can keep his Canadian address as his mailing address but his current residential address is in Pakistan not Canada. He can include his return day and proof of return flight if he has one. Approximately many days will he have been in Canada over the past 5 years before September 2024? Hos ability to qualify for PRRD is dependent on whether he remains compliant with his RO.