+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renew Passport and Travel to home country

Bahadur Singh 111

Star Member
Aug 16, 2020
Hello everyone . Today I am writing about a situation of a friend who is going through a very tough time . He claimed refugee status in 2019 and received a positive decision in 2020. He received his PR card in 2021 September. Around November of 2021 he heard that people back home ( Pakistan ) started capturing his family home and threw his parents out of their own home and they are in a very bad situation . No one is helping him and his family and so he decided to go to his home country and save his parents. He renewed his passport and is flying on April 1st.

Now the question arises is , he is really worried about cessation. Now if anyone here in this forum had to go to his home country due to some kind of unavoidable circumstances and came back to Canada . Can you please share your experience if anything wrong happens while coming back ? Please note he is seeking information only from anyone who went and came back , he has already read the information from google about what could happen but wants to know about live experience. Thank you

Yours Sincerely,
Bahadur.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello everyone . Today I am writing about a situation of a friend who is going through a very tough time . He claimed refugee status in 2019 and received a positive decision in 2020. He received his PR card in 2021 September. Around November of 2021 he heard that people back home ( Pakistan ) started capturing his family home and threw his parents out of their own home and they are in a very bad situation . No one is helping him and his family and so he decided to go to his home country and save his parents. He renewed his passport and is flying on April 1st.

Now the question arises is , he is really worried about cessation. Now if anyone here in this forum had to go to his home country due to some kind of unavoidable circumstances and came back to Canada . Can you please share your experience if anything wrong happens while coming back ? Please note he is seeking information only from anyone who went and came back , he has already read the information from google about what could happen but wants to know about live experience. Thank you

Yours Sincerely,
Bahadur.
Your friend need very good lawyer....Three elements applies to your friend and they are cumulative. below link detailing all elements and where exemption could apply. Again your friend need a good lawyer not live experience, very unlikely to find someone with live situation as most cessation application are allowed.
https://irb.gc.ca/en/legal-policy/legal-concepts/Pages/RefDef12.aspx

From January to March, All determined cessation application has been allowed. Previous year 99% allowed ( meaning, they revoked both pr status and refugee protection ). I dont mean to sound very negative, but its good to know situation he is in..

https://irb.gc.ca/en/statistics/protection/Pages/RPDVacStat.aspx

Reactions: Ghess23

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Your friend need very good lawyer....Three elements applies to your friend and they are cumulative. below link detailing all elements and where exemption could apply. Again your friend need a good lawyer not live experience, very unlikely to find someone with live situation as most cessation application are allowed.
https://irb.gc.ca/en/legal-policy/legal-concepts/Pages/RefDef12.aspx

From January to March, All determined cessation application has been allowed. Previous year 99% allowed ( meaning, they revoked both pr status and refugee protection ). I dont mean to sound very negative, but its good to know situation he is in..

https://irb.gc.ca/en/statistics/protection/Pages/RPDVacStat.aspx
Yes even applying for a passport from your home country gives them reason to believe you will avail.

VisaApprovalSent

Star Member
May 12, 2009
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All this is if he gets caught,I have seen many who have gone on vacation every year to their home country after getting asylum ,nothing happened . They easily got their citizenship .

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
All this is if he gets caught, I have seen many who have gone on vacation every year to their home country after getting asylum ,nothing happened . They easily got their citizenship.
I find that hard to believe, going many times? don't they have to include it in their citizenship application? And lying could put them at risk for fraud resulting in status and citizenship loss...

Reactions: userM

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
All this is if he gets caught,I have seen many who have gone on vacation every year to their home country after getting asylum ,nothing happened . They easily got their citizenship .
i don’t believe that, CBSA has records of everything

Reactions: Ghess23

VisaApprovalSent

Star Member
May 12, 2009
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I find that hard to believe, going many times? don't they have to include it in their citizenship application? And lying could put them at risk for fraud resulting in status and citizenship loss...
Yes, I have seen this myself, this person has gone to his home country after getting PR through Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds ,wrote it all on his citizenship application, nothing was hidden.He wasn't asked any questions ,is a citizen now, he may be lucky or what I don't know. Not everyone gets caught maybe is what I am thinking.

VisaApprovalSent

Star Member
May 12, 2009
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am associated with settlement agency,and we help people with many types of immigration issues /applications ,citizenship being one of them hence I have seen this personally. This is not for sure the norm not should this be done.
On the other hand I have seen people who have dying family members whom they are desperate to go and see them but due to this fear, are so afraid to go.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Yes, I have seen this myself, this person has gone to his home country after getting PR through Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds ,wrote it all on his citizenship application, nothing was hidden.He wasn't asked any questions ,is a citizen now, he may be lucky or what I don't know. Not everyone gets caught maybe is what I am thinking.
If you got your PR through Humanitarian and compassionate ground, you can go back to your home country anytime….nothing will happen. Reavailment doesnt not apply to H&C ground

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
with h and c you are allowed to go back with refugee protection you cannot