+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Removing work experience from EE profile after receiving ITA

zwz002

Apr 13, 2017
Hi all, below is my situation and I would appreciate to hear your suggestions.
I started working for company A in the US between Jan 2015-Jan 2016. Didn't get paid properly towards the end of the employment, so I filed a complaint with US Dept of Labor. Case is pending right now.
I then started working for my current employer, also in the US, since June 2016.
In my EE profile, I included both work experiences. As of now, it's 22 months of work experience, which is over the 1-year minimum requirement. I got an ITA today and I started to think about my application. Since I'm in dispute with company A, it'd be impossible for me to get reference letters from them and it would require a lot of explanation and supporting documents in order to prove the employment. Since I have 90 days to submit an application, would it be possible and easier if I wait until I get 12 full months at my current employer, which is June 2017, and delete that year at company A from my EE profile? Would this become an issue? Please let me know what your thoughts are on this. Thanks!

crimsonautumn

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no issue if you want to decline the invitation, go back to the pool, edit your EE profile and then wait for 1 year to complete at the current job.

If it's possible to prove your first employment with some supporting documents, it might be worth the effort instead of declining the ITA. You could try to get some reference letter from a colleague or so in that company if the company declines to provide one. (one option).

zwz002

Apr 13, 2017
So I'm now over the one year mark with my current employer, but I haven't really made up my mind, especially since the most recent draw had a high score than I have. I'm at 429 now. I still have about two weeks to submit my application from the draw in April. If I delete the work experience with employer A, would I need to provide a letter of explanation about the change? If I decline the invitation and change the profile and wait for the next draw, would the change not be reflected in the new draw and application? Would appreciate any thoughts on this. Thank you.

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
So I'm now over the one year mark with my current employer, but I haven't really made up my mind, especially since the most recent draw had a high score than I have. I'm at 429 now. I still have about two weeks to submit my application from the draw in April. If I delete the work experience with employer A, would I need to provide a letter of explanation about the change? If I decline the invitation and change the profile and wait for the next draw, would the change not be reflected in the new draw and application? Would appreciate any thoughts on this. Thank you.
CIC calculates dates based on your ITA, not on your submission. In case you delete the first one (which I think you should), and that impacts your points, you are better off declining the invite and going back to the pool. Else IMHO you would be risking a rejection in the eligibility stage.