+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Removing uncle from my Express entry (FSW) ITA

desi_me_rollin

Jun 1, 2017
Hello,

I have received an ITA under the Express entry FSW with 481 points. In my original application, I put down my maternal uncle since he is a Canadian citizen.

I would like to remove my maternal uncle from my application as i do not think I can prove him as my uncle. My mom does not have her birth certificate and the only id she has, her last name is different. Moreover, I heard that he might be moving out of Canada, not sure as I am not close to him at all.

Rather than deal with this headache, I thought of removing him from the post-ITA application. I would mention him in my LOE and state that I did not have enough documentation to prove/ not close to him/ he might be leaving Canada.

I was more worried about the six selection factors. I did the calculation and without his 5 points, I still qualify with 72. I did use a third party website. I am 28 years old, have a masters confirm from ECA, IELTS with 8.0+ in each, and 5 years of work experience in my NOC.

I do not see any CRS points for him in my application since it is limited to just the siblings.

I would love to know what your recommendations are.

DanBhanu69

Dec 19, 2018
No need removing him from the application at this stage, I believe.
Since you have enough Selection Factor points, you should be fine just explaining in an LOE that you have truthfully declared this relationship, but you are unable to prove it.
Good luck

oxiz3n

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Hello,

I have received an ITA under the Express entry FSW with 481 points. In my original application, I put down my maternal uncle since he is a Canadian citizen.

I would like to remove my maternal uncle from my application as i do not think I can prove him as my uncle. My mom does not have her birth certificate and the only id she has, her last name is different. Moreover, I heard that he might be moving out of Canada, not sure as I am not close to him at all.

Rather than deal with this headache, I thought of removing him from the post-ITA application. I would mention him in my LOE and state that I did not have enough documentation to prove/ not close to him/ he might be leaving Canada.

I was more worried about the six selection factors. I did the calculation and without his 5 points, I still qualify with 72. I did use a third party website. I am 28 years old, have a masters confirm from ECA, IELTS with 8.0+ in each, and 5 years of work experience in my NOC.

I do not see any CRS points for him in my application since it is limited to just the siblings.

I would love to know what your recommendations are.
I'm in your shoes mate. Same here, want to remove my uncle from fsw adaptability factor, but i haven't received ITA yet.
Is it wise to do it now? Will it affect anything?

Let me know if you find anything on this. Good luck!

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
I'm in your shoes mate. Same here, want to remove my uncle from fsw adaptability factor, but i haven't received ITA yet.
Is it wise to do it now? Will it affect anything?

Let me know if you find anything on this. Good luck!
It will affect your FSW adaptability points, so check whether you're still eligible for FSW without him. Other than that, it won't have any negative impact on your application to remove him at this stage.
Remove him now, before ITA, so you won't need to go through the hassle of having to explain it to IRCC. It won't affect your CRS points as those are given for siblings only.

Reactions: oxiz3n

oxiz3n

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
It will affect your FSW adaptability points, so check whether you're still eligible for FSW without him. Other than that, it won't have any negative impact on your application to remove him at this stage.
Remove him now, before ITA, so you won't need to go through the hassle of having to explain it to IRCC. It won't affect your CRS points as those are given for siblings only.
Thanks @hodari . My fsw points are above 67 now. While filling out the eligibility questionnaire four years ago, I had to make use those adaptability points. Now having more than 4 years of experience, it won't matter if I don't claim points for uncle in Canada.

So now I'm waiting for next ITA, it's better to remove him from application. So should I update my EE profile? I've also heard cases where if you try to update, sometimes your profile gets ineligible.

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Thanks @hodari . My fsw points are above 67 now. While filling out the eligibility questionnaire four years ago, I had to make use those adaptability points. Now having more than 4 years of experience, it won't matter if I don't claim points for uncle in Canada.

So now I'm waiting for next ITA, it's better to remove him from application. So should I update my EE profile? I've also heard cases where if you try to update, sometimes your profile gets ineligible.
Your profile won't become ineligible unless you go below 67 points, so don't worry about it

Reactions: oxiz3n