+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remove HealthCare condition from spousal OWP

kapatel

Feb 4, 2016
Hello,

I'm applying for permanent residence Inland. I just received an open work permit but it has this pesky condition: "not authorized to work in health service field occupations".

I applied to register in Alberta College of Pharmacist with OWP and they said I must remove this condition otherwise they will not approve my registration in Alberta. I want to start internship asap in Alberta but ACP is not approving registration because of condition.
I am only qualified to work in the health service field, so this work permit is of no use to me!! :-\

I need step by step instructions on how to remove this condition. I know I'll have to do the upfront medical (which I didn't do earlier). Any idea how long will it take to remove this condition once the application is submitted? Why I have to pay AGAIN to change the conditions on the work permit? Do I apply to remove this condition online (via myCIC) or Do I need to go to CBSE to get quick result. ?

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Easiest way is to complete the medical, wait around three weeks for it to be processed, and then flagpole at a US/Canadian land border to have the condition removed.

rosamae

Star Member
Sep 17, 2010
Easiest way is to complete the medical, wait around three weeks for it to be processed, and then flagpole at a US/Canadian land border to have the condition removed.
@Syclla - Have you known someone who did this recently, this year? It seems that this did'dnt work now. Please let me know so I can approach that somebody.Thanks!

vunamese

Sep 7, 2017
I ran into the same issue not knowing that I needed a medical exam. I recently moved up here and applied for PR via spousal sponsorship inland and applied for the OWP at the same time. I am a U.S. citizen so I was never asked to get a medical. I currently hold a permit to legally practice optometry in Alberta. Once i received my OWP two weeks ago and saw that I cannot work in the healthcare field, I got my physical, blood work and xrays done right away.
To add insult to injury, I didn't know that the eMedical results wouldn't be "validated" for at least a few weeks, so I drove from Calgary to Coutts this past monday and was turned town from being able to amend/remove the restrictions on my OWP. Not only were they not able to because the eMedical results were not verified, they told me that they would NOT be able to amend my OWP because I had applied for it via the spousal sponsorship application.
I just submitted an online application to change everything a couple days ago. I have spoken with an immigration lawyer and was informed that this is the only way for me to change the conditions because I applied via spousal sponsorship. I had spoken to a few lawyers before finding this out, hence thinking it was ok to drive down to Coutts.
Have you had any updates as to how your application for changing the conditions went?

sue_mc

Oct 23, 2017
Hello,

I'm applying for permanent residence Inland. I just received an open work permit but it has this pesky condition: "not authorized to work in health service field occupations".

I applied to register in Alberta College of Pharmacist with OWP and they said I must remove this condition otherwise they will not approve my registration in Alberta. I want to start internship asap in Alberta but ACP is not approving registration because of condition.
I am only qualified to work in the health service field, so this work permit is of no use to me!! :-\

I need step by step instructions on how to remove this condition. I know I'll have to do the upfront medical (which I didn't do earlier). Any idea how long will it take to remove this condition once the application is submitted? Why I have to pay AGAIN to change the conditions on the work permit? Do I apply to remove this condition online (via myCIC) or Do I need to go to CBSE to get quick result. ?

Thanks in advance.
How did you remove the restriction? Thanks for your help!

sue_mc

Oct 23, 2017
I ran into the same issue not knowing that I needed a medical exam. I recently moved up here and applied for PR via spousal sponsorship inland and applied for the OWP at the same time. I am a U.S. citizen so I was never asked to get a medical. I currently hold a permit to legally practice optometry in Alberta. Once i received my OWP two weeks ago and saw that I cannot work in the healthcare field, I got my physical, blood work and xrays done right away.
To add insult to injury, I didn't know that the eMedical results wouldn't be "validated" for at least a few weeks, so I drove from Calgary to Coutts this past monday and was turned town from being able to amend/remove the restrictions on my OWP. Not only were they not able to because the eMedical results were not verified, they told me that they would NOT be able to amend my OWP because I had applied for it via the spousal sponsorship application.
I just submitted an online application to change everything a couple days ago. I have spoken with an immigration lawyer and was informed that this is the only way for me to change the conditions because I applied via spousal sponsorship. I had spoken to a few lawyers before finding this out, hence thinking it was ok to drive down to Coutts.
Have you had any updates as to how your application for changing the conditions went?
I was also advised border could change permit conditions. Is that not the case? What did your lawyer say afterwards? Thank you!

sue_mc

Oct 23, 2017
@Syclla - Have you known someone who did this recently, this year? It seems that this did'dnt work now. Please let me know so I can approach that somebody.Thanks!
Scylla what border crossing was that at? Thank you

Bshaw

Jun 21, 2017
Hello all can open work permit use to attend school or do any form of short course?