+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remove conditions from PGWP

disha2201

Dec 23, 2023
Hello, I got my PGWP through flagpolling almost a year ago. In my conditions, it is mentioned that I cannot work in childcare, healthcare professions. I am a healthcare worker and now I have been asked by my new prospective employer to have these conditions removed.
Can anybody explain in detail how I can do this both online and through flagpoling. I have got my upfront medical exam completed 2 week ago. I have all documentation. Only thing is, my study permit is now expired.

Please explain in detail how can I get new pgwp with these conditions removed?

Thank you

NewN

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
The instructions are here:
https://www.ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1647&top=17

1. Get an upfront medical exam from a panel physician
“Upfront” means you get your medical exam done before an immigration officer asks for it.

2. Apply to change your work permit conditions, and include all the required documents.
On the IMM 5710 form, for 1 a), under “Details of intended work in Canada,” select “Other.”
Also on the IMM 5710 form, for 1 b), under “Other,” write that you need the conditions removed (not authorized to work in childcare, primary/secondary school teachings, health service field occupations).

Since here (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/apply.html) it says the following:

"You must apply on paper if you’re extending or changing the conditions of your PGWP. You can only extend your PGWP if your passport expired before your PGWP’s validity period."

I did apply on paper in November last year, and they removed the condition within three weeks.

Reactions: andrews17

Jasnoor Kaur

Jan 27, 2024
Thank you for reply. I need help in “Details of intended work in Canada.
On the IMM 5710 form, for 1 a), under “Details of intended work in Canada,” select “Other.”
Also on the IMM 5710 form, for 1 b), under “Other,” write that you need the conditions removed (not authorized to work in childcare, primary/secondary school teachings, health service field occupations).
My question is that if we want to change conditons and we select other. So what to write in 2 to 8 question as I dont have empolyer at the moment.

NewN

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Thank you for reply. I need help in “Details of intended work in Canada.
My question is that if we want to change conditons and we select other. So what to write in 2 to 8 question as I dont have empolyer at the moment.
I put "Not Applicable for Post graduate work permit" in 2 and 4. For the duration of employment, I put from the date of submission to the end of PGWP.