+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Removal Order interview with CBSA

tesh20

Feb 25, 2020
Hello everyone,

I became a refugee claimant here in 2017. My claim was denied in December 2019, because of a Safe Third Country Agreement. I am currently married to a canadian and we're in the process of sending in a spousal sponsorship application. The CBSA has requested an interview in regards to starting my Removal order process. What should I expect? Can I apply for a PRRA while my application is being processed?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello everyone,

I became a refugee claimant here in 2017. My claim was denied in December 2019, because of a Safe Third Country Agreement. I am currently married to a canadian and we're in the process of sending in a spousal sponsorship application. The CBSA has requested an interview in regards to starting my Removal order process. What should I expect? Can I apply for a PRRA while my application is being processed?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/claim-protection-inside-canada/after-apply-next-steps/refusal-options/pre-removal-risk-assessment.html

Eligibility
A Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) officer will let you know if you’re eligible to apply for a PRRA before we remove you from Canada.

CBSA will let you know if you’re eligible for a PRRA

tesh20

Feb 25, 2020
Thank you for your reply.
Any Idea How long they will give me before I have to leave? and if I do get PR through my spousal, do I have to leave at all?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for your reply.
Any Idea How long they will give me before I have to leave? and if I do get PR through my spousal, do I have to leave at all?
No one can say how long.

They can remove you during the sponsorship process.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would focus on getting your application finished and send it in as soon as possible to start the sponsorship process.