+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remote work while Full time study in Canada as an International student

linuphilip

Apr 13, 2021
I am currently working for a US based company out of India. So I am under India payroll. I got acceptance for a Post graduation program in Canada as a full time student. Is it a violation if I continue to work remotely for my company while I am studying in Canada? As an International student I am eligible to work only for 20 hours a week off campus while I pursue studies. Is my remote work a violation to the 20 hour per week policy even though I am not paid anything in Canada? Anticipating a response.

Thanks

EEdreamer

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hello, anyone doing this remote work thing while full time student? will it have effect to the possible PGWP application. My manager is offering me this remote work and i'm kinda hoping this is possible

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, anyone doing this remote work thing while full time student? will it have effect to the possible PGWP application. My manager is offering me this remote work and i'm kinda hoping this is possible
No effect as long as you and the company have no Canadian clients/offices/work in Canada.

EEdreamer

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hmmm. my company is an MNC and has multiple offices. They do have office in Toronto, but the department I'm part of is only operating in USA and South East Asia..

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hmmm. my company is an MNC and has multiple offices. They do have office in Toronto, but the department I'm part of is only operating in USA and South East Asia..
Hello,

This should not be an issue. As long as you don't earn salaries, wages, or commissions through your Canadian bank account and physically appear on the premises or make profits off Canadians and directly from its labour market, you are fine.

Best of Luck

EEdreamer

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hello,

This should not be an issue. As long as you don't earn salaries, wages, or commissions through your Canadian bank account and physically appear on the premises or make profits off Canadians and directly from its labour market, you are fine.

Best of Luck
Thank you ..