Hi everyone, please bare with me on this, as this is gonna be a bit complicated.
I will leave Canada soon, WP expires in 2 months, only 1 year of experience, French in progress (hopefully to take my first test Jan from my home city). I'm currently employed with a reputable consulting firm, and has got myself into the pool with a not-so-competitive score. That is why I'm going back home hoping to gain some more foreign experience.
The thing is, my Canadian employer now wants to retain me, and we had worked our way to get me working remotely for them from my home country.
I will change my status from employee to independent contractor, invoicing them every month, got paid in local currency, and will handle my own tax from the home country, as well as registered myself as sole proprietor providing business services to my Canadian employer.
Does anyone have a success story that they want to share, with the similar situation like this? My RCIC told me this is not doable, while researching on my own gave me tons mix of responses. My HR just need to know how to detach me completely from all the tax and obligation in Canada so I can fully claim my foreign experience. Appreciate everyone's input regardless!
I will leave Canada soon, WP expires in 2 months, only 1 year of experience, French in progress (hopefully to take my first test Jan from my home city). I'm currently employed with a reputable consulting firm, and has got myself into the pool with a not-so-competitive score. That is why I'm going back home hoping to gain some more foreign experience.
The thing is, my Canadian employer now wants to retain me, and we had worked our way to get me working remotely for them from my home country.
I will change my status from employee to independent contractor, invoicing them every month, got paid in local currency, and will handle my own tax from the home country, as well as registered myself as sole proprietor providing business services to my Canadian employer.
Does anyone have a success story that they want to share, with the similar situation like this? My RCIC told me this is not doable, while researching on my own gave me tons mix of responses. My HR just need to know how to detach me completely from all the tax and obligation in Canada so I can fully claim my foreign experience. Appreciate everyone's input regardless!
