+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

remote work exp - work from home query

JACKCHITRA123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
hello all

i have query regarding remote work exp.

i worked for a company in Pakistan for 5 months full time in office. then i went to uk to pursue masters in finance. during this time i continued working for this company from overseas full time for another 9.5 months.

could i use the above work exp as continuous one year full time?

please advise

thanks

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
JACKCHITRA123 said:
hello all

i worked for a company in Pakistan for 5 months full time in office. then i went to uk to pursue masters in finance. during this time i continued working for this company from overseas full time for another 9.5 months.

please advise

thanks
Regarding your last query, are you eligible in FSW?

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
JACKCHITRA123 said:
hello all

please advise

thanks
Were you legally allowed to work full time while studying in the UK?
As far as my knowledge goes, You can not work more than 20 hours/week in UK on Student visa?

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
RiZ92 said:
Were you legally allowed to work full time while studying in the UK?
As far as my knowledge goes, You can not work more than 20 hours/week in UK on Student visa?
She worked overseas and got paid in PAK currency.

JACKCHITRA123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
hi

no i was not working for a uk employer. i was working for the same Pakistani employer from overseas as an accountant.

i worked for this company for 5 months in office then 9.5 months from overseas (UK). during those 9.5 months i was also pursuing my masters

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
if you are a student in the UK, you cannot work for more than 20 hours a week during term time. Even Canada knows that. If you have worked for an overseas company, it means you worked for longer hours than legally permitted to avoid getting caught. again, if you were living and working in the uk, you are a tax resident in the uk and you may / may not have paid any tax in the uk. had you worked for a UK company during your studies, you would have not been allowed to work longer than 20 hours a week.

my suggestion is, you know what you have done and now the forum knows what you have done. dont put yourself in trouble and dont mention it in your work history. mention it in your personal history.