+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remote job

cic86

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
I've got a remote job where I'm getting paid in INR(they have an India office address for tax reasons but dont have a physical office anywhere in India). I'm planning to move to Canada to do this job as WFH/working remotely is allowed.

I was wondering how this would work in terms of tax. The plan is to transfer my salary from my Indian bank account to my Canadian bank account. My understanding is that I would only be paying tax in India as their office is registered in India but would I also be paying 'Canadian tax'? I plan to do this dance to meet my RO till I find a job with a Canadian employer.

Also, besides tax, Are there any other issues you see with this plan? Note that I'm a PR so no visa issues atleast I think.

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've got a remote job where I'm getting paid in INR(they have an India office address for tax reasons but dont have a physical office anywhere in India). I'm planning to move to Canada to do this job as WFH/working remotely is allowed.

I was wondering how this would work in terms of tax. The plan is to transfer my salary from my Indian bank account to my Canadian bank account. My understanding is that I would only be paying tax in India as their office is registered in India but would I also be paying 'Canadian tax'? I plan to do this dance to meet my RO till I find a job with a Canadian employer.

Also, besides tax, Are there any other issues you see with this plan? Note that I'm a PR so no visa issues atleast I think.
You have to pay Canadian taxes by declaring international income. Other than that, there should be no isuues.