+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remote job Taxing - PNP

vijay_k

Star Member
Jul 12, 2020
Dear Friends
I am PNP- PR candidate.
Can I opt remote jobs if I don't find suitable employment in my province?
I heard that in paystub, there are components of provincial tax.

If I work for a company in another province which doesn't have a branch in my residing/nominated province, what can be done?
Am I supposed to find jobs in my province only?

Please advice

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear Friends
I am PNP- PR candidate.

If I work for a company in another province which doesn't have a branch in my residing/nominated province, what can be done?

Please advice
Really depends on the PNP requirements.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends
I am PNP- PR candidate.

Please advice
I would imagine, but am not absolutely certain, that as long as you are residing in the province from which you were nominated, it may not be a big issue.

Your province nominated you for a reason; to contribute to the economy of that province, so by continuing to live there and invest in the economy there, whilst actually `earning' your pay from a different province, still meets that objective.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Really depends on the PNP requirements.
Dear Friends
I am PNP- PR candidate.

Please advice
It’s where your payroll taxes are going to. If you reside in a province that does not have an office , then your payroll taxes are based upon what province your payroll department is located in . Example . You work in Alberta , payroll office is in Ontario. payroll taxes are based upon rates set for Ontario, NOT Alberta.
Thus the provincial portion of taxes deducted from your pay is sent to Ontario, not Alberta .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It’s where your payroll taxes are going to. If you reside in a province that does not have an office , then your payroll taxes are based upon what province your payroll department is located in . Example . You work in Alberta , payroll office is in Ontario. payroll taxes are based upon rates set for Ontario, NOT Alberta.
Thus the provincial portion of taxes deducted from your pay is sent to Ontario, not Alberta .
I actually think they mean what taxes they would pay if working remotely. You would pay provincial taxes based on your actually personal address. If you are not working from your home province you will end up paying provincial taxes in the province you are residing in.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear Friends
I am PNP- PR candidate.

Please advice
If not currently working a job in the nominating province yes working remotely could be an issue. Remote work in general is usually an issue for PNP. In general the nominating province wants to see that you have roots in the province because they are aware about the freedom of movement. If working remotely in your nominating province for a job that is in another province what would prevent you from moving closer to your employer as soon as you get RO or else move to another province and start working remotely from there. What are the requirements for PNP in the province you are applying. We do see people being denied their PNP application once IRCC discovers they are not being employed by a company in their nominating province. Have you been up front in your application about your current employment situation? Lying (not updating your current situation to IRCC when it is required) is never a good idea. Without knowing what PNP application you have applied to and what information you submitted to IRCC.