+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remedical and biometrics

janemf

Jul 15, 2020
Hi,

I received the eAor at the end of Abril and my medical exam is going to expire in September. A few weeks ago my status changed in the medical exam and elegibility from passed to been review (or something like this). I am applying inland and the only item pending is my biometrics, which I have received the letter in June but couldn't give due to Service Canada closure.
1) This change in the medical exam and elegibility status is because my current medical exam will expire soon and most likely before the process is finished?
Should I wait for them to ask for a remedical or can I do it upfront? (I'd rather go now because if a second covid wave happens everything will be closed again)
2) I might travel to outside Canada. Can I give my biometrics in a VAC abroad?
If I am still outside Canada by the time they request my passport, what happens?

A lot of questions, hope you can help me clarify!

Thanks,

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Hi,

I received the eAor at the end of Abril and my medical exam is going to expire in September. A few weeks ago my status changed in the medical exam and elegibility from passed to been review (or something like this). I am applying inland and the only item pending is my biometrics, which I have received the letter in June but couldn't give due to Service Canada closure.
1) This change in the medical exam and elegibility status is because my current medical exam will expire soon and most likely before the process is finished?
Should I wait for them to ask for a remedical or can I do it upfront? (I'd rather go now because if a second covid wave happens everything will be closed again)
If I am still outside Canada by the time they request my passport, what happens?

Thanks,
When did you get your MP? Did you get MP/BIL same day ?
Have you added spouse later on or spouse medical at all ?

I am April aor and my medical is expiring in September too. My MP/BIl was June 10. It still says passed.

janemf

Jul 15, 2020
When did you get your MP? Did you get MP/BIL same day ?
Have you added spouse later on or spouse medical at all ?

I am April aor and my medical is expiring in September too. My MP/BIl was June 10. It still says passed.
I got my MP in June and then I received the BIL and a request from an additional police certificate. Not sure if it was on the same day, maybe same week, not sure.
My spouse is abroad and he managed to get the biometrics done and also submitted the additional police certificate last week (I'm in Canada so mine is still pending).
This week I logged into my account and my status had changed in the elegibility (from passed to in review) and medical (also from passed to in review) sections.

AlexiBaron

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
Hi,

Thanks,
Hi
I have same situation. I applied 20 Feb, My medical passed 15 May and I received BIL 15 May. Today my profile was updated and my medical exam say "you do not need medical exam". I called IRCC, they say your medical exam was expired, you should wait, either request to do again or extend.
What happened to you? did they extend? what systems show now on your medical section?

janemf

Jul 15, 2020
They updated my medical exam to passed. It will expire next month so they might ask me to re-do it?

MGR@2020

May 28, 2020
Hi All,

Can you please help me in the below query

1. I have done medical of myself and my spouse on 2nd March ,2020 as part of Canadian closed work permit from my company and i got the ITA on 11th June draw. I am planning to submit my PR application on mid august ,so do I need to medical again for PR application or I can just use the same done on March ? I am in India and I am not able to go for Medical now due to covid 19. I saw in CIC ,seems like Medical usually valid for 1 year. Please guide.
2. is Medical test same for work permit and PR application ?

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Hi All,

Can you please help me in the below query

1. I have done medical of myself and my spouse on 2nd March ,2020 as part of Canadian closed work permit from my company and i got the ITA on 11th June draw. I am planning to submit my PR application on mid august ,so do I need to medical again for PR application or I can just use the same done on March ? I am in India and I am not able to go for Medical now due to covid 19. I saw in CIC ,seems like Medical usually valid for 1 year. Please guide.
2. is Medical test same for work permit and PR application ?
old one is good for 1year. so no need

MGR@2020

May 28, 2020
old one is good for 1year. so no need
Thanks a lot for your help ! Can you also please let me know if medical test for closed work permit is same as for PR application ? I chcked in cic website on medical tests and I didn't see any difference ,it just says upfront medical test. Please advise . Thanks again for your help !

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
I don't know. It might be diff as when we apply for medical we need to chose which category (CEC PNP etc) when i applied in doctor office. so it might be diff

AkshayArora

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks a lot for your help ! Can you also please let me know if medical test for closed work permit is same as for PR application ? I chcked in cic website on medical tests and I didn't see any difference ,it just says upfront medical test. Please advise . Thanks again for your help !
Yes it's the same!

MGR@2020

May 28, 2020
I don't know. It might be diff as when we apply for medical we need to chose which category (CEC PNP etc) when i applied in doctor office. so it might be diff
Ok understand..I will check on this. Thanks again for your help !