Writing -6.5

I feel I wrote enough to get at least 7 in writing

So should I apply for remarking ?

Will my writing score increase to 7 ?

I need 7 in writing to have enough crs points

Please do Help

Defmode

Jul 1, 2017
It doesn't hurt to try. Bear in mind if there is no change in the score, you'll lose the money, but if your score increases, you get a full refund. If you're confident with what you wrote, you might as well go for it. Best

Sreekez

Jan 20, 2018
It doesn't hurt to try. Bear in mind if there is no change in the score, you'll lose the money, but if your score increases, you get a full refund. If you're confident with what you wrote, you might as well go for it. Best
thanks for the reply , i do not care for the money , but is there a chance that my score would increase by 0.5 ,
and should i book another IELTS while waiting for the remark result ?

SARA KHAN

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Canada
thanks for the reply , i do not care for the money , but is there a chance that my score would increase by 0.5 ,
and should i book another IELTS while waiting for the remark result ?
Hey i did same thing and my score in writing increased by .5 if you need jst .5 i would suggest to do rechecking instead of booking new. you will get result in 2 weeks

Sreekez

Jan 20, 2018
Hey i did same thing and my score in writing increased by .5 if you need jst .5 i would suggest to do rechecking instead of booking new. you will get result in 2 weeks
Hi ,Thanks for your reply , how much scores did you have ?

i have read that if my highest and lowest band score difference is 2, then an automatic rechecking will be done ,Since that is the case with me as i have 2 score difference in reading as well as listening , so should I give for rechecking ?

h2o_o2_co2

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi guys ,

I recently wrote the general IELTS in Canada and got
Reading -9
Speaking -7
Listening -8.5
Writing -6.5

I feel I wrote enough to get at least 7 in writing

So should I apply for remarking ?

Will my writing score increase to 7 ?

I need 7 in writing to have enough crs points

Please do Help
0.5 makes a HUGE difference for overall score for CRS.
I'd suggest you go for the remarking if you're confident enough. I was in a similar situation but unfortunately my score wasn't changed. I did the IELTs again (this time with a bit of preparation) and got a 7 in writing! If money is no issue and you're confident give it a shot at remarking.