+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relocating to another country for employment with COPR in hand.

Ishaan12

Nov 24, 2021
Hi guys,
While waiting 2+ years for Canadian PR I got an employment opportunity in Europe. On the same week I received PPR as well. :rolleyes:

So I am stuck in two worlds now. What I plan to do is relocate and start my job opportunity in Europe and fly to Canada during a weeks break in winter for a soft landing and get the PR formalities done and come back. My question is do I have to apply for a new COPR since my country of origin changed or will it be ok if I travel with the COPR I received in my home country?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys,
While waiting 2+ years for Canadian PR I got an employment opportunity in Europe. On the same week I received PPR as well. :rolleyes:

So I am stuck in two worlds now. What I plan to do is relocate and start my job opportunity in Europe and fly to Canada during a weeks break in winter for a soft landing and get the PR formalities done and come back. My question is do I have to apply for a new COPR since my country of origin changed or will it be ok if I travel with the COPR I received in my home country?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. :)
No - you don't have to apply for a new COPR.

Reactions: Ishaan12

NikT

Jul 1, 2021
Hi Ishaan. What did you finally do? Did you update your application after copr to show the new employment and address?

NikT

Jul 1, 2021
No - you don't have to apply for a new COPR.
Hi, I'm in a similar situation. I moved to another country after getting the copr.
1. Do i have to update my file showing the new country where I'm employed? My original contact details as shown at the time of application continue to exist. If yes, How do i update these details?
2. Can I enter canada not from my home country ?