+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relocate to a different Province - closed work permit

humbled

Feb 27, 2023
Hi all,

I am currently on a closed work permit and presently in Ontario. I am planning to relocate to Alberta to an office location there.

When submitting an application to change the work permit conditions (location change), can I submit and then relocate ? or do i need to wait until the processing is complete to relocate ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,

I am currently on a closed work permit and presently in Ontario. I am planning to relocate to Alberta to an office location there.

When submitting an application to change the work permit conditions (location change), can I submit and then relocate ? or do i need to wait until the processing is complete to relocate ?
You should wait until processing is complete.

humbled

Feb 27, 2023
Thank you for the guidance. much appreciated ! I checked online and there is no processing time guidance for such modifications ? For extension of Work Permits staying inside Canada, the estimate is 160 days. should I pretty much assume the same timelines ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for the guidance. much appreciated ! I checked online and there is no processing time guidance for such modifications ? For extension of Work Permits staying inside Canada, the estimate is 160 days. should I pretty much assume the same timelines ?
Not sure but processing is never quick.

Vani79

Dec 29, 2017
Hi all,

Hi. I hope you don't mind me asking. What document did you submit to IRCC as proof that you need to work in a different location? Did your employer had to apply for a new LMIA? Thank you.