+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relevant Course for B.Tech (Computer Science Engineering)

Joban

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Punjab, India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hii, i got 6 bands in IELTS( not less than 5.5)
Consultants suggested me Fleming College in Ontario.
In fleming two courses are available.. One is Project management n other is Wireless Information Networking. Both are pg diploma's first is 1 year course n next is of 2 year.
Can anybody help me to choose relevant course as i completed my graduation in B.Tech (computer science engineering) with 70.6% in 2013
12th- 72% in 2009
10th- 61.5% in 2007

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
With your qualification and results, you can try for Masters in Universities.

Joban

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Punjab, India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sir in canadian universities the requirement of IELTS band score is 6.5( not less than 6) or 7( not less than 6.5)..
So according to my score, m not eligible even to apply in university.

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
Give IELTS again and score the required band. Why do you want to take chances by pursuing a PgD rather than a Masters? A masters will have better future and demand

Joban

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Punjab, India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with that but i donot want to revise IELTS coz 2 months are approx spent on IELTS for exam n results. After PR i'll start Masters.

Joban

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Punjab, India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Help me to choose course related to my field.. Is that Wireless Information Networking is related to my past study.??

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
It's up to you then. I would suggest you choose the 2 yrs program which will give you 3 yrs PGWP.

Joban

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Punjab, India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah.. Wireless Information Networking is 2 year course but my point is is it related to computer science or electronics?

Joban

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Punjab, India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ds dao yaar.. Eh subject computer sciencw naal related aa ya nai... Suggest please is this subject is related with my past study or not? And if i apply with this program is that visa officer doesnot reject my application.?

Serendipity14

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
Joban said:
Sir in canadian universities the requirement of IELTS band score is 6.5( not less than 6) or 7( not less than 6.5)..
So according to my score, m not eligible even to apply in university.
"Sir" ?!? You are being way too formal ;)
About IELTS requirement, yes some of the best universities do require a good IELTS score but there are some which accept score of 6, 6.5 as well. You can always try your chance in those universities. Moreover as it has been suggested by other members, appear for IELTS exams again and try scoring 6.5 band. It shouldn't be difficult since you have already managed 6. Don't miss out on University when you still have a chance!

Joban said:
Ds dao yaar.. Eh subject computer sciencw naal related aa ya nai... Suggest please is this subject is related with my past study or not? And if i apply with this program is that visa officer doesnot reject my application.?
2 points:
1. You need to study the program you'll be applying for, nobody here will do that job for you.
2. If can explain a correlation between the program you'll be applying for and course you have previously studied then I don't believe either visa officer or University/College will have issue.

Joban

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Punjab, India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bro, some consultants says this program is both for ECE and CSE students. Some says it is only for ECE.. I applied yesterday. If college issue me the offer letter, then is it ok? Means no prob to visa officer?

Serendipity14

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
Joban said:
Bro, some consultants says this program is both for ECE and CSE students. Some says it is only for ECE.. I applied yesterday. If college issue me the offer letter, then is it ok? Means no prob to visa officer?
Don't blindly rely on what consultants say, do some work on your part. Visit the college website and take a look at what all subjects does your course has. See to it whether those subjects match up to what you have studied previously. IMO that's the best way to decided whether you should be applying for it or not.

About visa officer, as mentioned above you'll have to explain a relation. Obviously it makes sense to purse higher studies in something which you have already studied (a basic knowledge of) :)