+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relative sponsorship (need guidance)

Rimshajameel001

Oct 31, 2019
Canada
Hello everyone,

I am planning to sponsor my family member, I meet all eligibility requirements. But I don’t know where to start. I created my online portal account. I don’t know if my family member also need an account. Do we submit 2 applications or 1. Anyone can help to initiate my process. That would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am planning to sponsor my family member, I meet all eligibility requirements. But I don’t know where to start. I created my online portal account. I don’t know if my family member also need an account. Do we submit 2 applications or 1. Anyone can help to initiate my process. That would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Who are you sponsoring? Assume your parents and grandparents have passed away.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

Thanks
How do you qualify if your mother is alive?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

Thanks
You need to be clear on who you want to sponsor. It's all different.
For spouse, common law partner, and children those are immediate family and you can submit application as long as you are either a citizen or a PR living in Canada meeting RO.

If it's for youre parents or grandparents, then you need to wait for the next interest to sponsor form to be available, you meet LICO for 3 years before that and be lucky.

For other relatives, there are other requirements and basically you have to be alone and there are no one else to be sponsored with the above 2 types to sponsor them.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am planning to sponsor my brother, there is no one else who I can sponsor other than him. I am Canadian citizen living here alone
As other have replied, your parents and grandparents have to be deseased. And you are single/divoced and have no children of your own.

You also cannot have ay relatives who are Canadian/PR.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/other-relatives/who-you-can-sponsor.html
  • you (the potential sponsor) don’t have any relatives (aunt or uncle or any of the relatives listed above), who is a:
    • Canadian citizen
    • permanent resident
    • registered Indian under the Indian Act
If you meet all the requirements, then you can sponsor your brother, the link is posted above.

If you read through all the pages, you can look at the How to Apply page:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/other-relatives/apply.html

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Hello everyone,

Thanks
in 2020 ,you mentioned that you are short of meeting financial requirements , jan 2022 your MoM was approved for a supervisa ,now you meet requirements and you have no one but your brother ,should you need the assistance of the forum please clarify these matters to get the right answers.

Rimshajameel001

Oct 31, 2019
Canada
As other have replied, your parents and grandparents have to be deseased. And you are single/divoced and have no children of your own.

You also cannot have ay relatives who are Canadian/PR.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/other-relatives/who-you-can-sponsor.html
  • you (the potential sponsor) don’t have any relatives (aunt or uncle or any of the relatives listed above), who is a:
    • Canadian citizen
    • permanent resident
    • registered Indian under the Indian Act
If you meet all the requirements, then you can sponsor your brother, the link is posted above.

If you read through all the pages, you can look at the How to Apply page:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/other-relatives/apply.html
Hello, I really appreciate members looking up my past posts, I would request to give me some personal space and don’t ask me same questions again and again. I don’t want to write here what I have been going through. As I stated earlier, I have no one here, and my brother is the only one I can sponsor. I visited how to apply page, but I am confused about it. It says, I apply online and in step 2 it says the person being sponsored submit online application. My original question was do I and the person I am sponsoring have to create 2 online portal accounts or is it going to be 1 account only.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I really appreciate members looking up my past posts, I would request to give me some personal space and don’t ask me same questions again and again. I don’t want to write here what I have been going through. As I stated earlier, I have no one here, and my brother is the only one I can sponsor. I visited how to apply page, but I am confused about it. It says, I apply online and in step 2 it says the person being sponsored submit online application. My original question was do I and the person I am sponsoring have to create 2 online portal accounts or is it going to be 1 account only.
Many don’t look up the requirements or look past the requirement for many reason for example not being in touch will family, etc. which is why you were asked to confirm. The majority of people asking for help sponsoring a relative don’t actually qualify.