+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relative Living in Canada Question

iron9er

Jan 5, 2019
Hi there! It seems that due to my answering that I do have family in Canada (uncles, aunts), that after receiving my invite to apply they want birth certificates for proof of relationships (which would need to be translated as well), etc.

My question is - can I go back and answer no to this question now so that it does not trigger these requests (and explain why I'm doing so - the difficulty of obtaining these documents), since I don't believe I need these points for the FSW program?

I believe I just need 67 points for FSW, and I should have

24 from IELTS test (score of 9 in listening, 8 in reading, 8 in writing, and 9 in speaking on IELTS).

23 for ECA assessment of my masters degree.

15 for 6 years or more work experience.

7 points for 40 years old.

5 points for spouse language level (scores of 7.5, 7, 8, 9 in IETLS).

74 total by how I'm calculating. So, does it raise any flags for immigration that I'm not answering no to these questions since I don't need these points? Thanks so much for your help!

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Hi there! It seems that due to my answering that I do have family in Canada (uncles, aunts), that after receiving my invite to apply they want birth certificates for proof of relationships (which would need to be translated as well), etc.

My question is - can I go back and answer no to this question now so that it does not trigger these requests (and explain why I'm doing so - the difficulty of obtaining these documents), since I don't believe I need these points for the FSW program?

I believe I just need 67 points for FSW, and I should have

24 from IELTS test (score of 9 in listening, 8 in reading, 8 in writing, and 9 in speaking on IELTS).

23 for ECA assessment of my masters degree.

15 for 6 years or more work experience.

7 points for 40 years old.

5 points for spouse language level (scores of 7.5, 7, 8, 9 in IETLS).

74 total by how I'm calculating. So, does it raise any flags for immigration that I'm not answering no to these questions since I don't need these points? Thanks so much for your help!
Did you calculate your CRS score yet? You can use the official one here -> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp