+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relative in Canada

DinahDoss

Apr 22, 2017
Hey Guys,
My uncle in a PR in canada but is currently living in Muscat. His wife & daughter however are both still living in canada.
I have recieved my PR and now have to provide proof of relationship etc.

Could you please let me know if i should declare a relative in Canada since he currently isnt living there but does have his PR and his family living in Canada?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all,

Regards,
Dinah

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DinahDoss said:
Hey Guys,
My uncle in a PR in canada but is currently living in Muscat. His wife & daughter however are both still living in canada.

Could you please let me know if i should declare a relative in Canada since he currently isnt living there but does have his PR and his family living in Canada?

Thanks all,

Regards,
Dinah
No you cannot claim FSW points for relative not currently living in Canada.

IndianaBanks

Jan 11, 2017
DinahDoss said:
Hey Guys,

Thanks all,

Regards,
Dinah
To claim the points, you need to prove that your uncle still lives in Canada. The document submitted usually is a utility bill. Even though your uncle may be outside Canada at the moment, the bills may still be in his name, alongside his wife's name of course. If that is the case, you can submit that utility bill bearing his name as proof of his residing in Canada. You feel me?

DinahDoss

Apr 22, 2017
Thanks thejkhan & IndianaBanks :) If the bills etc arent available, i will just remove him as a relative in Canada.
Based on the below, i can just change my APR. My score currently in 420. If 5 is taken away (assuming that is granted for having a relative), i will still have 415 which is the minimum for the Apr 19 draw.

"If a candidate realizes after having been issued an ITA that their circumstance has changed or that the information in their profile, on the basis of which they were issued an ITA, is no longer accurate, the candidate is instructed to recalculate their CRS score using the Express Entry calculator on the IRCC website. Examples of changes in circumstance that can impact a CRS score are listed below.

Where there is a change in circumstance and the candidate goes forward with submitting an APR, the candidate must ensure that the change in circumstance is properly reflected in their APR (i.e., the candidate must amend the information that was automatically transferred from their profile to their APR before submitting their application)"

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You won't lose 5 CRS points, your score will remain at 420.

If you're a FSW applicant you will lose 5 points under the eligibility factors and if you fall below 67 points your application will get rejected.

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
DelPiero07 said:
You won't lose 5 CRS points, your score will remain at 420.

If you're a FSW applicant you will lose 5 points under the eligibility factors and if you fall below 67 points your application will get rejected.
Bummer but true. Does your eligibility points for the stream you're applying beneath now fall below 67??

DinahDoss

Apr 22, 2017
@DelPiero07 - thanks so much for the information :)

@luv2read90 - major bummer :/ as per the below 2 links with the calculators, my score is 71 if i remove the relative (76 if i retain it). Im good? :)

milestoneimmigration (pointcalculator) & abhinav FSW selection criteria

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
DinahDoss said:
@DelPiero07 - thanks so much for the information :)

@luv2read90 - major bummer :/ as per the below 2 links with the calculators, my score is 71 if i remove the relative (76 if i retain it). Im good? :)

milestoneimmigration (pointcalculator) & abhinav FSW selection criteria
71 is perfect.

DinahDoss

Apr 22, 2017
Hey Guys,
Another quick question.
In my express entry form, the relative was mentioned as "Yes". However, as per above discussions, i have changed it as "No" in my APR.
The express entry form/ profile freezes once the ITA is recieved and therefore i cannot make the modifications there.

Do you'll think it would be a good idea to explain the discrepancy in my "Letter of Explaination"? or should i just let it be?

Regards,
Dinah

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
DinahDoss said:
Hey Guys,
Another quick question.
In my express entry form, the relative was mentioned as "Yes". However, as per above discussions, i have changed it as "No" in my APR.
The express entry form/ profile freezes once the ITA is recieved and therefore i cannot make the modifications there.

Do you'll think it would be a good idea to explain the discrepancy in my "Letter of Explaination"? or should i just let it be?

Regards,
Dinah
No your EE Profile is locked. So for your application put No as your answer then go ahead and provide a LOE for your peace of mind.

When your eligibility is assessed and your points are above 67, I don't believe the Visa Officer reviewing your case will care either way.