Med's Request
Not Needed
Interview........
Not Needed
VISA ISSUED...
18 - 05 - 15
LANDED..........
01-09-2015
Hello my friends...Thank you for the valuable information that you are sharing on this forum,it helps a lot
I have one thing for which I could not find answers: The thing is that I have a relative in Canada( my uncle - my mother's brother) and I am applying for study permit and I will cover all the costs for my studies there,so my uncle has nothing to with my application,he is not sponsoring me,he is living in ON and my college will be in BC.My question is : Can I be refused because I have uncle in Canada?will they know that in the Embassy?Should I mention in the SOP that have relative in Canada,because there's no option to mention or to write that in the application forms.
Please share your opinions and experiences.thanks

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
In my case my brother is a Canadian citizen... Of course I had to mention it...
Nobody is asking you anywhere.. Do you have any other relative living in Canada?? He is not even going to sponsor you, and neither isgonna live with you! So why why WHY WHY? WHY WOULD YOU MENTION HIM??

there is really no sense in doing that...

It's like saying please refuse my visa! Don't do that bro! Makes no sense in telling about him and more if they haven't asked you that

Rihan89

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna Visa Offce
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Not Needed
Interview........
Not Needed
VISA ISSUED...
18 - 05 - 15
LANDED..........
01-09-2015
Wolfpmd3 said:
Nobody is asking you anywhere.. Do you have any other relative living in Canada?? He is not even going to sponsor you, and neither isgonna live with you! So why why WHY WHY? WHY WOULD YOU MENTION HIM??

It's like saying please refuse my visa! Don't do that bro! Makes no sense in telling about him and more if they haven't asked you that
Thanks for the advice bro,my problem is that in the family section I have to put info. about my mother and sister,they applied for TRV to visit my uncle and were refused,so that's my fear,if they check them then they will surely know that I have a relative in canada.I don't know what to do

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Don't worry you just need to talk about parents, sisters or brothers and sensor daughter's no one else... Believe me... There's no reason for you to talk about your uncle.... Just mind your business.. That's it

Nov 7, 2020

So,I have my sister and family ,they have PR.so in my study permit i should mention them? two times i tried through express entry and there was only 315 points,so this time while applying for study permit my gc key was missing,they cannot find out old gc key so i am using new gc key,still i have to mention about my sister who is resident there,?I am working in uae after my graduation in 2006 ,ever since from then.till now i am working as electricsl engineer,i took course in altrrnative energy ,is there any chance for me to get study permit,gic fone,first year fees paid

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
So,I have my sister and family ,they have PR.so in my study permit i should mention them? two times i tried through express entry and there was only 315 points,so this time while applying for study permit my gc key was missing,they cannot find out old gc key so i am using new gc key,still i have to mention about my sister who is resident there,?I am working in uae after my graduation in 2006 ,ever since from then.till now i am working as electricsl engineer,i took course in altrrnative energy ,is there any chance for me to get study permit,gic fone,first year fees paid
You will have to mention your sister, you will be required to mention this in the Family information form.

Any other relatives unless they are parents, you would not need to mention. Nor will you be asked about anyone else.

Simply put, be honest and don't lie. That's it.

Nov 7, 2020
You will have to mention your sister, you will be required to mention this in the Family information form.

Any other relatives unless they are parents, you would not need to mention. Nor will you be asked about anyone else.

Simply put, be honest and don't lie. That's it.
thank you dear for this info.Sure I will mention and will keep a letter from them for proof of accommodation and support.

kathysrazor

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Can I be refused because I have uncle in Canada?
Yes, but the refusal would be for insufficient ties to your home country. Essentially, if they know, it will increase the perceived risk of overstay and you will need to work harder to show you have ties to the other country.

If they bring it up, fight it.

will they know that in the Embassy?
Maybe. For people outside the country, it can be harder to find relatives. If he shows up on Facebook, or has listed you in an application, etc., it’s easier. They probably won’t know, but assume they will.

Should I mention in the SOP that have relative in Canada

If they ask, tell them. If they don’t, don’t.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, but the refusal would be for insufficient ties to your home country. Essentially, if they know, it will increase the perceived risk of overstay and you will need to work harder to show you have ties to the other country.

If they bring it up, fight it.

Maybe. For people outside the country, it can be harder to find relatives. If he shows up on Facebook, or has listed you in an application, etc., it’s easier. They probably won’t know, but assume they will.

If they ask, tell them. If they don’t, don’t.
It’s part of the application,